Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Bert's New Build

10K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  Hornsfan 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up a 2007 Black FJ today. :rocker: No major mods are allowed until I get the FJ40 on the road, but I will be doing all the "cheap" mods very soon.

#8 ·
Looks nice!

#9 · (Edited)
It has been a while since I made any major modifications to the FJC. I promised myself that I would finish the FJ40 first. Well, I did finish it and ended up selling it, so I am now starting on the FJC.

Minor Mods:
Removed:
-OEM Roof Rack
Added:
-Bandi CB Antenna Mount (CB coax cable routed to center console)
-Tuffy Center Console
-Black Door Handles
-Black Mirrors (to replace oem silver ones broken while wheeling)
-Garmin Nuvi GPS (mounted above rearview mirror, see image below)

#13 ·
Looking great Bert !!!!

#18 ·
He said he loves it there and Memphis is now a big blacked out area on his maps :rofl:

#29 · (Edited)
Hey y'all,

I haven't been on the forum for a while, but here is the latest pic of my FJ during a trip to Sunset Ridge Off-road Park. The only recent mod was painting the wheels black and removing the remainder of the tupperware from the back bumper. I am starting to shop for a rear bumper with a swing out tire mount, but that is still a ways off.

Attachments

#31 ·
This is not necessarily an "FJ" mod, but it is one of the more useful accessories for my FJ.

I present my '73 GMC truck bed trailer, outfitted with fuel can holders, tool box/sticker collector, and ladder rack; painted to match my black FJ with white roof, good for hauling lumber or camping.

Attachments

#33 · (Edited)
I have been in Tennessee for almost two years now, and I am headed back to Texas for a well-earned visit. In preparation, I upgraded the suspension with Metaltech upper and lower rear links, Skyjacker sway bar links, and 2.5" Toytec rear and front extended travel shocks/coilovers. The ride is firm and responsive, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Mods not pictured. I have sprayed most of the body with bedliner, except for the hood, driver's side door, and the rear door. (although the rear door is next on the list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.