Before this I previously had a 2011 Iceberg

Installed options:
Convenience Package
Off Road Package
Roof Rack
Running Boards
Tow Package
17" Alloys

Not mine exactly, mine came with running boards not rock rails but other than that this is the way it came stock. I didn't take any pics of the FJ bone stock cause I knew I wasn't going to keep it that way. ;)

After I sold the running boards and installed black out parts

6-12-11 Debadged

6-17-11 Demello Tube Sliders

6-25-11 Dick Cepek DC-2's, Nitto Terra Grappler's

7-2-11 Bilstein 5100s all around, front raised to first notch above stock

#3 · (Edited)
Debadged same day, LOL

3-18-12 Outpost Off Road sliders

4-22-12 Black Rock 909S, Goodyear Duratrac's

6-??-12 Lifted with Radflos and Ironman rear springs

11-23-12 Swapped in MetalTech upper and lower rear links - No new pic, not really much to show with this mod

12-21-12 Finished dual battery setup

3-24-13 Installed ShrockWorks Front skid

4-12-13 ShrockWorks Front bumper
Not finalized because I don't have a winch for it and haven't decided how I wanna do the wiring for the lights but should be GTG for now

6-23-13 Completed install of Engo 10k with Factor 55 Prolink and Fogs

8-24-13 MetalTech RedEye Fab rear swing out.

#5 ·

I used the PIAA harness that came with the lights for the most part and then modified the end of their harness that has their switch to incorporate the OEM fog light switch. I'd have to look at to give you specifics. Lemme know if you need that level of detail :D

#6 ·
Forgot to add a few recent items.

Butt Warmer switches installed in center console:

Then I noticed the blue "powered" indicator was hecka too bright at night and wasn't dimmable so I bummed some window tint film from a local shop's scrap and tinted them.
Tinted Off:

Tinted On:

Also installed Toyota hitch and high tucked the trailer light plug so it was out of the way.

#11 ·
Why gold of course, like all my undercarriage skids.

Since I don't run with them on daily, I should lay them all out and take a pic. :cheers:

One build thread?
Yeah I didn't see you had a build thread

#16 ·
Sick build. Sell me your wheels lol

#19 ·
Those wheels look great! :cheers:

#21 · (Edited)
Bit of a hi jack ,but I'll bump this back up for you and respond to your question.... The G Force Chip and about 98% of any other chips that claim horsepower and fuel economy gains are honestly absolutely useless..... I left 2% as there is one VERY expensive aftermarket controller that apparently can optimize horsepower gains WHEN used in combination with performance add on's such as a Super Charger. Save your money there are no noticeable gains here. You would have to think if there was a way to drastically improve the horse power and economy Toyota or TRD would do it.

#28 ·
This is one of my all time favorite builds.

#30 ·
Welcome...if they came like this from the dealer they'd exist beyond 2014.

Have you been happy with the rear bumper? How is rear visibility with the tire location, and do you get any rattles? It's at the top of my list for rear bumpers.

#31 · (Edited)
Have you been happy with the rear bumper?
I like it a lot. It is a bit of a bummer that you now have an extra step to open the rear door. But it's not that big of a deal for me and I like that the weight will be distributed across both rear "pods". I don't need the fuel cans daily so the holders are dismounted and stay in the garage, which makes the accessory tray a handy place to set things while opening the door :)

How is rear visibility with the tire location
You can hide Hondas back there :lol: I do see the spare but nothing hides back there that you wouldn't see the other half of out the other side of the back window anyway. Except when cars get really close at stop lights, that's when the Hondas hide :D

, and do you get any rattles? It's at the top of my list for rear bumpers.
No...and you could though. I did when I first mounted it there is a bit of space in the mounts for the rear door link. Which rattled on bumps and rough roads. This is easily remedied with a couple extra washers in the kit to take up the space between the mounts and the heims, after that I get no rattles from the bumper, swing arm, tire mount or accessory tray mount.

It is a bit tricky to get the door adjusted to your liking. IMO this is due a bit to personal preference and a bit to the nature of each individual trucks tolerances and it needing it's own "fitting".

#32 ·
Awesome, thanks for the info. :cheers:

I had a 2007 FJ with a Thule Terrapin on back, loved that thing. It meant an extra step to get in rear cargo area too, so I know what you mean about that whole business. But it was worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.