Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Grey Wolf

9K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  LuxRomain 
#1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I changed my black 2010 model against a brandnew 2014 in cement Grey

pic from a quick journey to the south of France

The truck is coming from Dubai and so there are a few different points to my old US model which I had for 4 years

- no TPMS
- all in KM instead of miles
- LED daylights in the front Corners
- passenger seat belt light in the Airbag light on the right side of the dash panel.

I have a few light modifications:
- Underbody Protection paint
- Safari Snorkel
- double rock rails
- BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A in 285/70R17 on the stock rims
- rims and all the Corners in black matte
- 2" Nestle lift: Eibach coils and HT Shocks
- european tow hook
- Rhino Rack Pioneer flat rack
- double gas tank

the second tank under the trunk is an original FJ Cruiser gas tank. He is be filled and emptying himself together with the 1st tank. So my fuel gauge always shows how much gas I have in both tanks together.
I do not need to switch between the tanks

A few more mods will follow the next days. I still have my old skid plate and a few more gimmicks

See less See more
#2 ·
JBL Radio and 2tone steering wheel

a few Stickers

more details will follow the next days

#4 ·

window deflectors

the sliders

2nd gastank in his protection

Reactions: TCao
#5 ·
Very nice. I like the differences between this and the US version. I really wish I could put a second tank on mine.

#6 ·
There is a lot of place under the trunk. The OEM 19 gallon gastank fits well

#7 ·

the mount is fixed at the passengers seat

#10 ·
@ Rob
I had a look at amazon

+/- 1 inch wide

#18 ·
thanks kpt, yep it's a better colour than my old black one

#17 ·
#19 ·

2 twelve Volt powerpoints in the trunk

FJ Cruiser rocker switches from otrattw.com

#20 ·
Nice looking build. :wave:

#22 ·

As my Dubai Import model doesn't have a TPMS system, I installed a Tiremoni which indicates permanently the tirepressure

each valve has its own cap with a number on it, here is the DS front cap

and the monitor

#30 ·
I'll second that. I've just imported a Cement gray to the UK, bought in that US, didn't think about Middle East. You've given me ideas for mine thank you. I've been looking at extra fuel options but didn't think a second tank would be possible, love to know more.
Did you take it to Buschtaxi? There was a cement Gray with same stock wheels painted black, friend sent me pictures.

#25 ·

The Gordigear Gumtree awning also offers the possibility to dress a tent (+/- 8,2 x 6,5 ft)

#27 ·
Normally I can double the mileage. As I could go for 300 - 320 mls with my old black one I hope doing 600 with this one.
Ok, maybe the BFG Goodrich AT do need a sip more than the Cooper Discoverer that I run before, but I think it will be such a range.
Till now I only did a longer trip when the truck was brandnew and than it seemd beeing so.
In a 3 weeks I will do a trip to the balcan peninsula (Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Albania) and so I will have the opportunity to test all the equipement for about 4.000 miles.

#37 ·
During the holidays I did a few longer stages and I easily could do more than 1000 km / 625 miles. I'm fully satisfied with the double tank system

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.