Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

TennesseeSquire's TRD Buildup

120K views 209 replies 85 participants last post by  TennesseeSquire 
#1 · (Edited)
It all started in November 2006, when my salesman called and said "It's Here".
It was a nice clean and shiny new 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser SE TRD.

I went in December to the local STLCA meeting and they were talking about the New Year's Day ride at Wooly's.
So, me and MrsTennesseeSquire decided to join in.
New meet Old

Some of you might know this Red 40 that I'm beside. DslToy from STLCA was part of the scout team that the original Toyota Trail Team used and is featured in the snow scenes at Tellico.

We had a great time with the STLCA guys, but they were a little more carefree than I was.
So, I decided that the next trail ride would be with more FJ's. That's When JBC & JoshW posted up a Big Fork-Prentice Cooper ride, it was only 2 hours from home.

We meet alot of nice FJ people. Little did we know that Sunday we would be meeting some of the BEST FRIENDS that we will ever have.
We also meet a couple of guys from a company in Dyersburg, TN.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Mutation of a TRD

After Big Fork & Skyline I decided it was time to Mod. We needed a little more proctection on the sides. So, what rock sliders should we get?
After a little research & a few PM's I went with the
Trail Gear Rock Sliders.

Next was a Mod for our daugther LilMissTNSquire
The Gobi Ladder.

The Bling plate took a beating, so it was time to call a friend I meet back at Big Fork. Ben at Rough Country and get a 3" lift.

Ok, I ready to go wheelin'

Six hours after my 3" was installed, I meet a few friends at Wheelin' in the Country for a scout run for the first Longlook Jamboree.

The 3" performed great.

Three weeks later a received a PM from Ben at Rough Country asking if I would be interested in their 6" lift. I guess most of you know what the answer was.

With the 6" lift I had to upgrade my tires & wheels. So, I went with the
Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's 33 x 12.50 (The Gobi states that 33's are the max). and 17" American Racing Wheels "Victor".

#4 ·

Now it's time for a little performance upgrade thanks to a birthday present from MrsTennesseeSquire. I got a TRD CAI

I have added a couple of must haves.

Hi-Lift, Cobra CB with Bandi mount & Garmin Nuvi 350 GPS.

more to come soon. :)

#9 ·

Awesome my friend:) still one of the greats, you have to post some articulation pics here!!!
Thanks.

These pics ?

#6 ·

Sick ride. Awesome!

#8 ·

How do you like the TRD CAI? Can you tell if it gave you more power?
I really can't say if I have more power, but I love the sound. :)

I almost feel like I'm in my Ram Air T/A.

#10 ·

Nice!

#12 ·

that's some massive flex.....

I didn't even realize that you were going to flex out anywhere near that much when I spotted you down that little ditch...but that's wicked.

#14 ·

Love it. If I ever DO go with a rough-country 6" I'd prob get the same wheels as you, they look fantastic on the TRD, I've been looking at buying that rear ladder for awhile now as well, but I'd rather update some electronics first. Great ride though.

#15 ·

Looking good Terry, I can't wait to start my TRD soon. I love the Flex shots, can't wait for the **** Creek Crawl and some wheeling together :D I love the wheels you too, they look great on the TRD. :)

#20 ·

That's the pics, man I still can't get over the articulation. So have you even done a wheelstand since getting the lift???
Yes, We did a front wheel stand at Moab on Fins n Things. RoverGGM was behind us and said he could have walked under my rear bumper. :)

#21 ·

Pictures????:bananahump-slvrathl i bet it keeps your back tires on the ground more often than not though, I was so happy with what i achieved from the allpros, i would have just passed out to have what you got going on:)

#23 ·

Awesome man...

#29 ·

nice rig TS!! I kno im not the first to tell you that you're one lucky man.
Gotta question tho, is ur mad rig a MT??
It's an auto.

#27 ·

That is and Awsome TuRD and great articulation with the 6 inch lift!

#30 ·

Wow, you're from the future. :silly: :grinbiginvert:
Thanks

I would fire my proof reader, but she's making the payments. :)

#32 ·
TennesseeSquire's TRD Build Up

Back last fall I decided to add a little more wideth, so I added some wheel spacers. I went with Spidertrax, this will give me 1.25" more on each wheel.

With those added I changed tires (again), I went back to the BFG All-Terrain for everyday use.

I hope to be adding a second set of wheels & tires soon. I know what tires I want, but the wheels ???

#33 ·

Nice Terry, I'd like to see what you pic for your wheels.:)

#34 ·

Nice Terry, I'd like to see what you pic for your wheels.:)
I know Stacey will be happy when I decide. From the scratches I have on the Victors, they will be getting the new tires and the new wheels will get the All-terrians.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.