Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

ChampionK's Voodoo Blue FJ

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  ChampionK 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I have a 2007 Voodoo Blue FJ Cruiser. Bought it back in 2006, and it had all the upgrade packages offered at that time. It is an automatic 4x4...unfortunately not a manual...but I still love it! My FJ currently has 70,000 miles on it. Everything I've added to the FJ is stock, and I've been very pleased with the results! :bigthumb:

I've made two additions this summer.

1) I added the stock brush guard and fog lights. It took a good bit of work with the wiring, but it was well worth the time and effort. The brush guard definitely gave my FJ a "meaner" look. Before the brush guard I had the bug protector on the FJ, which was a great addition, but I'm definitely happier with the brush guard.

2) I wanted my FJ to be just like the new FJ's with the backup camera and auto dimming mirror, but I wanted this to all be stock...not aftermarket. After months of looking for the parts I finally found everything! I found the stock rearview mirror, stock backup camera, and had to have the harness made for it. And then I did all of the installing myself. It took 2 days to have this done, but I have never been happier! I made my 2007 FJ look just like the newer FJ's! After I installed the rearview mirror I realized I needed the newer visors since the visors were making contact with the mirror, but that was an easy install and then I bought the new spare tire carrier and the camera bracket. This project was expensive...but I don't know of anyone else who made their 2007 look just like a 2010 with a stock backup camera. I definitely feel that it increased the value of my FJ! >:D

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Toyota fj cruiser Toyota

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Toyota fj cruiser Sport utility vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Vehicle Light Car Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire Automotive exterior

09/16/14 Update:

1) So I talked earlier about the 2010 visors that I had to buy to fit with the auto dimming mirror, but I never mentioned what was so great about them nor did I post a picture of them. The 2010 driver visor and passenger visor have a large vanity mirror! The 2007 driver visor did not have a mirror and the passenger visor had a tiny mirror. So adding the 2010 visors to my 2007 helped not only with the auto dimming mirror, but also with a larger mirror for the passenger and driver. :bigthumb:

Electronics Technology Electronic device Vehicle

2) When I installed the brush guard and fog lights it took a lot of time with the wiring. There was a good bit of soldering involved, but it was worth it. And I love the auxiliary light switch that goes in the center console! Unfortunately, I do not have all of the center console switches (still looking for the bottom right, which is the OEM alarm off switch...if you have one and are willing to sell it...please let me know!), but I definitely love the fact that the FJ is almost complete on the inside!:rocker:

Vehicle Car Center console Auto part Technology

3) When I added the factory FJ backup camera and bracket I did not like the visibility of the camera when the tire cover was on it. The tire cover cuts 1/2 of the visibility of the camera. I feel that this is a huge flaw on Toyota's part...but I fixed this by altering the tire cover. I made a nice, circular cut and now I have complete visibility in my rear view mirror. I think I did a pretty good job cutting it! :king:

Helmet Technology Wheel Gas

4) I wanted to show the rest of the forum members the back cargo area in my FJ. I have 2 rear door storages on my rear door, a backpack with extra clothing (you never know when your pants might rip or find yourself in need of extra clothing lol), a tool bag with almost any tool that you might need, a Toyota emergency kit, umbrella (you never know when it will rain), and a Toyota first aid kit! Also, I have the cargo privacy cover that I bought from another forum member! I know that the windows on my FJ are tinted pretty dark (factory style), but at least now I can rest assured that anyone wanting to see what's in the cargo area can not see it, which will lower the chance that they would want to break into my FJ! :grin

Vehicle Car Vehicle door Transport Automotive exterior

5) I added the FJ Cruiser factory wheel locks (bought it from another forum member)! Now I can rest assured that my backup camera and wheels won't get stolen! It was a very easy install, and I definitely would recommend everyone to get the wheel locks!

Product Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim

11/21/14 Update:

6) Added the factory RS3200 alarm system (motion sensor not glass breakage). Bought a brand new one off ebay and the motion sensor alarm has been discontinued for a long time now. I was very lucky I found the alarm system brand new. Took a few hours to install, but it is complete. The switch is different from the glass breakage system. In my opinion it is better than the glass breakage system.

Everyday carry Tool

Center console Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Steering wheel

06/21/15 Update

7) I added the factory rear skid plate. Not many of these skid plates were made. Luckily I managed to find one that had all the hardware so that I could install it. You can't see much of the skid plate from the back, but it is a very larger plate underneath the FJ. I'm very pleased with the installation.

8) My roof racks paint has slowly been fading away since I bought it back in 2007. I uninstalled the roof rack this past weekend and painted it a nice black. :blue blob:

Metal Table Furniture

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks nice. :bigthumb:

Reactions: ChampionK
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.