Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

NOW Nala IS a bada$$ prerunner! See pic's.

39K views 250 replies 48 participants last post by  wrigman 
#1 · (Edited)
As some of you know I call our FJ Nala a "Prerunner" because it is 2wd. We have lifted her, put on Demello rock rails, Demello front skid and many other mods. This week Jason Demello made me an "offer I couldn't refuse" on a prerunner tube bumper. To say the least, he hooked Sandabbe and I up real good and we are Indebted to him.(I only hope to keep his "Gumba's" away. trust me I will). In talking to Jason he told me that Linex would hold up a little better than powder coat, so I found a dealer that was more than reasonable and had that coating put on. There are some issues that need to be addressed but they are minor and I'm shure Jason will step up to help.

I have never pulled the "Tupperware" front bumper off, so I called on Mudlovingfj to lend a hand. He came right over and started to help out. without his help I would still be out there trying to get that plastic off! So a BIG THANKYOU goes out to Mudloving!
ON With the pic's...............................................................................
[/IMG]
"Tupperware" and "Bumper" off. Check fit.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Looking good, so we went ahead and bolted her up!
[/IMG]
Mudlovingfj helping with the top of the Tupperware that we cut and used.
[/IMG]
The Tupperware "Cap" in place.
[/IMG]
Time to bolt up the front skid.
[/IMG]
Nala say's CHEESE!
[/IMG]
Side by side comparo's.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Mud showing off his SWEET lights!
[/IMG]
Just one more time I would like to thank Mudlovingfj and Jeson Demello for all thier help with this project. And to AIR 2 AIR...... I have the Christy's ready!

THERE ARE MORE PIC'S FURTHER ON IN THIS THREAD SHOWING HOW NALA GOT THIS FAR, SO KEEP SCROLLING DOWN OR GO TO OTHER PAGES FOR THE WHOLE STORY!!!! THANKS!!!

See less See more
Reactions: pokerDawg
#9 ·
Arien was!:lol: JK.

Can't wait to see yours when it's done!:)

#6 ·
Thanks guy's!
Man! after looking at those side by side pic's, I'm gonna have to get some wider tires next time around!:shock:

#15 ·
That would be mine. I too commute back and forth to work on mine. Shame though, I haven't even had it on a twistie road yet! You??

#21 ·
Am I the only one that is not really feeling the Bumber?... just seems "Stuby" and small...and the angle of it kinda flat-faced...?/?I am not tryin to be Negative just thought it would look better!

#27 ·
This one is the prototype. The production bumper will be more tucked in at the bottom and may be a little more narrow too. I like the extra crash protection that this one provides though.

#22 ·
Awesome guys. Mud strikes again!

Wrigman, that looks great. I like how you added the to piece to give it a more finished look. Do you have a lift? It looks like it's the same height as Mud's FJ. I'll check it out next week at the party!

#29 ·
We both have the same lift. OME.:)

#23 ·
looking great! everyone has to believe me that the bumper looks even better in person than it does in pictures.

and that pic of me sucks.... i look like i felt when i woke up at 4 in the morning today... ugh

#26 ·
YA MON!!

#28 ·

#31 ·
Who's gonna touch it?.....Not me!:lol:

#37 ·
Hey, if you can't have a little fun what good is it??

#35 ·
:lol: Todd! I love that pic.

Steph, I bet he never told you about that part of his life. :D

#39 ·
Bumper looks great looking forward to seeing it in person on sat. I watched them build that one a couple weeks ago. :)

And Todd you really are the man on PS the rasta one is just top notch looks way to real. :lol:

#41 ·
That looks great Scott. Can't wait to see it in person.

#46 ·
Come on out to the Lamp post in Corona next Sat. It will be there!:)

#45 ·
Nice job, great looking SS. I will be watching this build. I like how you used the fiberglass trim pieces. Great job. :cheers:

#50 ·
Thanks Mike. This means a lot comming from a guy that has one of the most bada$$ rigs on the board.:)

Larry has been out all weekend playing, hasn't seen it yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.