The Wily Coyote - skorp62's build

5K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  skorp62 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is how I go about building a fun ride .... YMMV

Step 1: Acquire the perfect platform to start with

Step 2: Decide on a cool name to call your creation
I've always rooted for the underdog, so here comes The Wily Coyote

Step 3: Accessorize
Scarlet & Gold are my favorite colors, can you guess why?

Step 4: Break it in right, no pansies welcome here

Step 5: I have added an OEM skid plate, I know it is more of a brush guard than rock protection, but haven't seen many rocks in Florida

Step 6: Manik tail light guards arrived ... now those protruding lenses are protected!

I know it's not much yet, but we all have to start somewhere! Next I'll be installing the Galaxy DX959 CB radio with befed up output transistors that I recently bought. Thanks DoubleJFJ!

Wish list for future mods, appreciate any input from those who have added these before.
Listed in no particular order but I'll add pics as they are acquired:
Lucrum Winch Mount
Hunter Brush Guard w lights
Tuffy Security box for roof rack
Rear door ladder
Light bar for roof rack
3" Lift (still deciding on brand)
TRD CAI & Exhaust
Bigger tires & wheels (BFG A/T's?)
Skid plates (which mfg? light weight but strong)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Looking good! So who is the Coyote chasing? :)

#3 ·
#4 ·
I remember that obstacle course... :)

You should check out the SE section of the forum

Click here!

Corey is planning a Build day, where a lot of mods are going to be installed.

Plus, we usually post up in that section before we go out on rides around the Tampa Bay Area. Some are pretty gnarly (liek that word.. lol) rides...

#5 ·
I remember that obstacle course... :)
I really appreciate the awesome pics you got too Paul!! You were the master of that obstacle course, never stopped and never touched a pole, very impressive. I will check out the link for info on more rides. I am also trying to put together some exploratory rides of new 4WD trails in Ocala Natl. Forest.

#6 ·
Looks great!

#7 ·
Great start man...

:bigthumb:

#9 ·
Great fun! I that's the best part about an FJC. I enjoyed reading this thread, however I will caution you about overhanging rocks and the Coyote Build-Up.

They have a nasty habit of not staying in place.

You have to take the Wily Coyote up to the Top of the World in Colorado... and take a picture.

#10 ·
...I will caution you about overhanging rocks and the Coyote Build-Up. They have a nasty habit of not staying in place.

You have to take the Wily Coyote up to the Top of the World in Colorado... and take a picture.
uphill, nothing would please me more than to be able to join you guys on one of those awesome adventures that I keep seeing posts about. And yes, I know all about the overhangs, believe me!

#13 ·
I truly appreciate all the positive comments and input from members here. I have taken inspiration and some ideas from major builders like Uphill and rides like the Scorpion and Dragon builds. Hopefully some day another newbie will take the same inspiration from The Coyote and the circle will be complete.

Peace!

#15 ·
I truly appreciate all the positive comments and input from members here. I have taken inspiration and some ideas from major builders like Uphill and rides like the Scorpion and Dragon builds. Hopefully some day another newbie will take the same inspiration from The Coyote and the circle will be complete.

Peace!
It seems you have the right tude to do a great functional but interesting build. Of course it doesnt hurt that you picked the best color too :)
I look forward to seeing your progress
thanks
Don

#14 ·
You picked the best color available:D

#17 ·
I installed an OEM skid plate, painted rattle can red..

Next up are the Manik tail light guards that arrived today, yee haw!

#18 ·
I got my Manik tail light guards yesterday and finished installing them a few minutes ago. Here is how they look:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.