Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

The "Sand Ronin" build thread

7K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  FJX2000 
#1 · (Edited)
After the sad demise of my year old GX470 build "Blue Steel" due to a young driver turning left into me on a green light, comes the build thread for my new rig I dub the Sand Ronin.

My 1st FJC I had for 9 years and at 162k miles and lots of offroad abuse, I let her go to trade in for the GX. Now I've come full circle back to a 08 FJC in Sandstorm color fully modded and loaded with 80k miles and an owner that obviously babied the hell out of this rig. My first FJC was dubbed the Ronin so my new FJC is the Sand Ronin in honor of my first one.

The Mod list:
-TRD Supercharged and intercooled
-TRD Cold Air Intake
-Flowmaster Super 10 muffler with high tuck exhaust pipe
-Prosport Boost & Fuel Pressure gauges
-ScanGauge 2
-Demello Offroad 3 hoop front winch bumper with Acro fogs and 22" Fenix LED bar
-Demello Offroad 3 piece rear bumper with Acro fogs
-Demello Offroad Hybrid sliders
-Trailworx Fab A-pillar mounts with curved 50" OZUSA LED bar
-Fox 2.5" front coilovers with external reservoirs
-All Pro upper control arms
-Fox 2" rear shocks with external adjustable reservoirs
-Fox rear lift coils
-All Pro skid plate
-17" KMC Hoss wheels
-285/70/17 BFGoodrich KM2s
-IVD shift knobs
-Alpine double DIN navigation headunit with bluetooth
-2 Alpine S10 subs in a custom enclosure with Audison SRX amp
-AVS window visors
-Bandi Mount
-48 SMD LED panels at interior lights
-IPCW LED Bermuda black rear tail lights
-Line-Xed Body Armor tail light guards

More to come as I make this build my own!

See less See more
#2 ·
Some pictures from the Annual Turf N Surf event in Oceano Dunes, Pismo Beach every year. This is my 7th year in a row, and I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Reactions: bazross
#3 ·
Some light output shots of the 50" curved OZUSA bar, will post better ones with less light pollution later:

OEM low beams and Acro fogs on:

OEM low beams, Acro fogs, and 50" OZUSA LED bar on:

#6 ·
@FJoel thanks buddy, the power is definitely fun, traction control tries to kick in all day mid shifts, I'm going to need a traction control off button soon.
@FJ Cruiser Matt I wasn't able to get the sliders off the GX because they wanted me to come down to the yard a day after the accident and I just wasn't in the shape to be wrenching with back pain, but the insurance did value and pay me out for some of the mods. I miss the GX for its nice comfortability as a daily driver and the V8 grunt but the FJC I'm loving since its back to my roots.

#8 ·
@FJ Cruiser Matt oh no, this FJ with the supercharger is quite quicker than the GX was. The GX could never break 285 tires loose from a dig like the FJC with the charger can but I meant I miss the V8 noise haha.

Reactions: FJoel
#9 ·
Finally got myself a Trasharoo, and an Expedition Portal one at that!

#10 ·
Bye bye front OEM fender flares, the rears are next to go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.