Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Max Evolution

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  SwampRabbit 
#1 ·
Ok guys I've never done a build thread because I've never really owned a vehicle long enough to do it so, here goes nothing. Her name is Max and shes a 2008 with 96,000 miles complete with a 6 speed manual.

As of this weekend. The nerf bars are gone and i have ordered
50" curved light bar
MB TKO 17" wheels
Cooper ST Maxx 275/70R17 tires
Body Armor front bumper
TrailFX 12,000 lbs. winch
PIAA fog lights
Angel eye projector headlights
Smoked led blinkers

thanks for checking it out :cheers:

See less See more
#3 ·
Good start on your build

#7 ·
Got the wheels and tires mounted and just got done washing it. Had to get the blue off the wheels and turned into washing the whole thing which is why I can't own a black vehicle. I've owned it for exactly a week and I've washed it twice. Any how for your viewing pleasure... KA POW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Nice wheels:bigthumb: I have the same on mine except I swapped the center caps out for some MB Chaos caps that also fit. Love the blacked out look. Wheels and tires are the best places to start modding in my opinion. Quick question: do you know what the offset/backspacing is on the TKO? They were already on my FJ when it was purchased and they seem to stick out just a liiiiiitle bit farther than other FJs I've seen with stock-sized tires. May just be my mind playing tricks on me as I wait anxiously for spacers to arrive.

#12 ·
UPDATE: well last weekend I drove to Cincinnati to meet up with a guy to swap bumpers in a parking lot. I just quick through it on just to get home (9 hours one way) and now tonight I took it off and wired/mounted the trailFX 12,000lb winch and ran the wiring for the PIAA fog lights. Anyways enough talking and more pictures!

#17 ·
Update: I put in some late hours after work last night running wires and installing switches. Everyone loves electrical

Then after it was all hooked up I noticed the last section of the light bar doesn't work [emoji17] but I can't complain for a light at that was pretty much given to me. Finished product pics to come

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.