Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Coldnapalm's Rig

23K views 50 replies 24 participants last post by  piratex 
#1 · (Edited)
Coldnapalm's VooDoo 6MT

My VooDoo! currently:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...6-finally-cracked-windsheild.html#post1785809
Sad to see it go :(

Mods so far...

Bought a tire cover and painted it

Subwoofer Upgrade :p

Amp

Thought the dome light should be brighter so upgraded the stock bulb to a set of 34 leds in the front and back

Later I replaced all the stock pipe 2 inch pipe with 2.5 inch pipe and took out the rear cats and added flow master exhaust and 3" tips

Then i wanted to add a 12v power outlet that was always hot so i added two...

Added bush wacker fender flares which are currently off the vehicle because their being rhino lined... also tinted the front windows 20% to match the rear and added an eyebrow and also added the TG sliders

Then my gf got me some black handles and inspired me to black out the fj

Ran into some bad luck and hit a trash can at about 55 mph... needless to say it the fender was totaled so i repaired it myself for a total cost of $150 including paint and a few head aches because of the amount of the fj that needed to be taken off just for the fender...

everything apart

and painting the fender glad to have it replaced

And finally Clear Coated!

Bought the spyder traxx 1.25 wheel spacers and tossed them on to help keep my 35s of my ucas

Decided on going with the rc3 lift kit with rear shocks and springs and also added some 315/70/17 bfg T/A's also i kept getting scratches on my rocker panels from the trails and i decided to rhino line the panels and add in a new fj logo..

Close up of the Texture

See less See more
#2 ·
I give you credit for now, You have a long way to go!!! Even I'm to humble to even start a build thread until I break the 20k worth of mods. I will start mine when I'm to the level of Shadow Warriors Beast!!! Just Kidding!!! Bring it on and keep us up to date with all you Do!

#7 ·
Very good looking rig keep the Mods coming and the updates.

RR

#13 ·
Thanks ive got many more to come first since im lifted now im going to finsh up the audio end of my fj then its the long awaited front and rear bumper and perhaps some wider rims these stockers seem like there going to wear the middle of the tire out =\

#15 ·
Good idea-like the blue sliders.cool.

#16 ·
Hows passing emissions with the rear cats removed? I've thought about doing this, but just wanna make sure I can still pass first...

#24 · (Edited)
Ive done everything myself and plan to do everything i ever do to it myself as well :) its.... much cheaper ! i do most of the work at my marina but i got laid off... so now i do it all at my girlfriends dads garage at his house hes got all the tools !

The cupholders are like that in the 6MTs, the Autos have them staggered.

Ross, your FJ looks totally different than when I saw it in January! Good work. How's the ride with all the new mods? I may be coming back through Jax in May or June, we'll have to meet up again so I can see all the changes in person! :D
Hey Jen! the rides great i love it lifted... despite the gas mileage change !!! but ya ive been working on it seems as if ive come to a major slow down now though... let me know when you come down well have to go for a spin!!! here are some iphone hid pics ill get better ones later

yard at night no lights

lo's

hi's

10000k 55w

yard during the day

Flexage :)

#25 ·
That is the standard cup configuration for a 6M/T. Although they are not side by side…they are front and back (note the parking brake).

#23 ·
The cupholders are like that in the 6MTs, the Autos have them staggered.

Ross, your FJ looks totally different than when I saw it in January! Good work. How's the ride with all the new mods? I may be coming back through Jax in May or June, we'll have to meet up again so I can see all the changes in person! :D

#26 ·
I'm interested in the rear cat removal. I have heard that they are bolted on, but it doesn't look that way to me on my rig. How did you remove yours?

#28 ·
i like how you rhino lined the rocker panels. did you do that yourself? I've been thinking about doing something like that. also been thinking about lining the rear interior, i'm tired of looking at all the scratched to all hell plastic. looks good. maybe i missed it, but do you have a body mount chop?

#30 ·
Re: Coldnapalm's VooDoo 6MT

Added bush wacker fender flares which are currently off the vehicle because their being rhino lined... also tinted the front windows 20% to match the rear and added an eyebrow and also added the TG sliders
Is this with or without the Rough Country Lift? I am debating installing some bushwhackers on mine with stock suspension and 1.5" wheel spacers...I am afraid they will swallow my wheels...

#35 ·
Hey Ross, just checkin in to see whats new...I like the via air system and it looks like you found a good spot to mount the tanks :rocker:

You still have warranty to cover the starter? I learned after # 2 if your going to play in deep water and mud you need to pull the two small rubber plugs (breather) and seal them up. I haven't had a issue since I sealed mine. Remember this is #3 for me. :bigthumb:

#38 ·
I would absolutely recommend it! i got mine for $250 and ive been running 35s with very minor rub over a year now and ive done some pretty serious wheeling! Its a great lift, ive never installed a lift before but this was pretty simple the rear of the lift took me about 30 min the front about 2 hours, the rear part of the lift is amazing and the front is well... a spacer but it works! Also ive had loads of warranty work done with no question about the lift

#39 ·
YUM YUM!!! FRESH LOBSTER!!! Gawd I could eat 5lbs in one sitting...Christine my wife has begged me to take her down to Marathon. I might surprise her as we both have vacation starting August 30 thru Labor day.

I have finished all the scuba mods, sealed pullies, breathers, sealed starter,snorkal and enough lift that it will take at 30" of water to touch the bottom of the door jams :lol: All this work just to play in a little mud and water :lol: :cheers:

Sure to see you on the trails! :cheers:

#44 ·
Thanks!!

beautiful and unique rig! i enjoyed reading and pics.
n00b question ... what is the via air for?
air tools and airing up tires as FJnewb said and also a Train Horn :D which was going to be purchased this week but my girls bday snuck up on me and that kind of AXED my train horn money for a little while....

#45 ·
#47 ·

Lemmie guess you were towing 6000lbs at 85mph when this happened.
:lol: I never thought about making that comment . . . but wish I had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.