Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Omaha FJ Owners Meet and Greet

21K views 172 replies 27 participants last post by  TA22Husker 
#1 ·
When: 12:00 - 2:00 pm, Saturday, Nov. 19

Where: Village Inn. They have big lot and plenty of seating inside.

Village Inn
3809 Twin Creek Drive
Bellevue, NE 68123-4080
(402) 292-4300

Hope to see you there.

Dave

#3 ·
Next Meeting: 12:00 - 1:00pm, Saturday, January 14

Same location.

At the inaugural meeting in November a variety of topics were brought up for discussion. Suggestions for club activities included arranging a winter driving course for 4x4 and AWD vehicle owners, putting together an off-road trail run for early Spring, work trade and help installing mods.

In January we will follow up and also discuss driveline maintenance.

Hope to see you there.

Dave

#4 ·
Hey, is there any good wheeling between Omaha and Le Mars?

#8 ·
Next Meeting: 12:00 - 1:00pm, Saturday, February 11

Same location.

We had a good turn-out for the January meeting.

Brian B., Rich C., and Justin M. were there representing their company, Undercover Hidden Winch Mounting Systems.

Brian brought along his Tacoma and 2011 Brick and Rich brought his Black 07.

All three vehicles were equipped with the hidden winch mounting system.

The system seems wonderfully simple and robust.

The appearance, or rather the distinct lack of any appearance, of the winch is remarkable.

If you're looking to mount a winch, but added weight and maintenance of the stock appearance are important, consider going with the Hidden Winch Mounting System.

Call Brian, Justin or Rich over at http://undercoverhwms.com/wp/ I'm sure they would enjoy the opportunity to be of service to you.

Hope to see you at the February meet and greet.

Cheers, Dave

#10 ·
I sat alone for awhile and then split.

Doesn't seem to be much interest here in Omaha. Lack of places to wheel? Whatever the reason I've better things to do with my Saturdays.

If you decide to do a mod and need a hand give me a shout. I'm handy with a wrench and not afraid to get a little grease on me.

#11 ·
That sucks, not cool when your trying to put sh*t together and no one shows up. Funny thing was there were two FJ's in the Target lot but none @ village inn??
I just bought my 07 in October and have been dying to beat on it a little. So I've been doing some digging and have come up with a couple of places that might be fun to check out.
Timber Ridge Ranch Castana Iowa
Off Road Ranch ATV & Motocross Course in Norfolk, NE

Granted this is no rock crawling or colorado type stuff but that's what we get for living on the flats!

Here's what I was thinking. If we could get a few of us together maybe we could talk the Timber ridge people into letting us come out for a day or camp out for the weekend and do some off roading. An Omaha FJ forum outing or something?
Maybe we could drum up some interest, get a few names and see if it's even possible?

Just installed the BAJA basket tonight, have the OEM (used) Brush guard w/lights and an FJammer on the way!
Just getting the harder to get stuff first then work on the other crap as I can afford it.

#15 ·
#12 ·
First time I saw this post - looking forward to taking mine out this spring somewhere. If you decide to get together again I am try to make it! Interested in mod discussions, area 4 wheeling and of course pancakes at the Village Inn!

Sorry I missed the earlier posts...:mecry:

#14 ·
Good luck with with Timberidge. They wont even let us guys in the district 22 Iowa enduroriders have any more hare scrambles or enduros there anymore. I remember about 17 years ago i got to take a jeep of mine out there for trail run with this offroad club from Minnesota, but that was quite some time ago. & i beleive the old man has died & now his kids took it over. They are not as lenient. You pretty much have to be a member to go out there. But hey, give it a try, there are some good trails in there. The worst they can say is no.

#17 ·
Anyone from Omaha (or these parts) thinking about heading out to the 2012 FJ summit? Not sure but I have it listed as the deadline to sign up for it is at the end of this month. Anyway, thought I'd throw it out there and see if there was any interest, maybe caravan out there if there were any takers. If you are not familiar with it check it out, looks like it might be a pretty good time.

#18 ·
I was considering it, but it looks like everything is pretty much booked up & there are just way too many people there. So my plan is to wait till toward the end of August & i am planning on going out there with a couple of friends. Although i might take my tacoma instead of the Fj. You are more then welcome to come along. I have wheeled alot in colorodo over the years but that part of colorodo i havent wheeled @ yet, the Telluride/Ouray area, The summit thing would be cool but it seems way to crowded. Ive done alot of those big organized trail runs in the past, Easter jeep safari, jeep jambories, etc, they are fun dont get me wrong, but trails take alot longer with that many vehicles, & they have to stay on schedule so you sometimes miss things you would like to do or see. Let me know.

#19 ·
Zombie, did you say FJAMMER?!?!?!?!? Hopefully you are upgrading from the single to 6 disc setup only.

I am excited as the FJ got to do some off roading late February. We went in on some camping land near Two Rivers and it is definitely FJ worthy. Going to camp right on the river and I finally get to use the FJ for what it was meant for; carrying globs of needed/unneeded items to a remote location (AKA 20 mins from home).

#21 ·
Hey Everyone! New-ish owner of an FJ and living in Omaha. Originally form CO but had to move out here for a job. Let me know when you do another meet and greet, I'd love to show up and meet some fellow trail riders.

#23 ·
Sorry for being out of the loop for a while. Just a little busy.

Voodootank, yeah just a boring old FJammer install, upgraded factory crap to better factory crap.

Good to hear we have a few more newbies in the area.

Anyone up for a little get together? I was thinking about something a little more off the beat'n path. What about noon'ish on April 7th out at Heron Bay (Hwy 50 @ the Platte river near Louisville).
Not sure if it will work but I was thinking sooner rather then later. Summer vacations are coming on quick!

#28 ·
Anyone up for a little get together? I was thinking about something a little more off the beat'n path. What about noon'ish on April 7th out at Heron Bay (Hwy 50 @ the Platte river near Louisville).
Sounds good!

I'll mark my calendar. Post any changes to the schedule ITT.

#24 ·
Wish I could but I am flying back to Colorado that weekend for Easter. Let me know if you change the date but if not hope you guys have a good time and I'll be at the next one :)

#25 ·
I would be up for a meet with all this good weather. I gotta find out what the local guys/girls are doing to their FJ Cruisers. Most in this area are relatively factory, as is mine. I am looking for new tires considering my factories are running on 67000 miles and are due for a replacement. We should start finding some local vendors that will work with the forum. Could be mutually beneficial.

#30 ·
Well at least there looks like there might be a few takers for the Meet & Greet on 4/7. Either way I will be out there about noon. I'm doing a run out at Platte River State park that AM so a beer and burger down @ Heron Bay afterwards sounds pretty good. Hope we can get a few more FJ's on the scene.

Also, any of you guys interested in a dark tinted bug shield for the hood of an FJ? Mine came with one and I have no use for it. Let me know and I'll bring it on Saturday. It's not worth trying to sell or ship so it's free to a good home if there are any takers.

#31 ·
I'm doing a run out at Platte River State park that AM so a beer and burger down @ Heron Bay afterwards sounds pretty good.
I was out there last Sunday, Heron Bay was pretty full - weather will be much different on the 7th! Already have a bug deflector - nice gesture!

Hope to see another get together soon - have fun this weekend!:cheers:

#33 ·
Hey, Thanks Westtexas! Thanks for coming out, I'm kicking myself for not checking out the CNG system on your FJ while you were out there. Guess I was more interested in carbo loading after that hellish run.

Well what do you big O FJ'ers think anyone up for another meet? I really want to get together to see if we can get some trails or trips figured out this summer.

I'm a sucker for food and beer so what about a meet on a Sunday afternoon out at Catfish lake in Bellevue?

For those of you new in the area....
Catfish Lake Restaurant - Home

May 13th

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.