Mid West Region MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH, KY, KS, SD, NE ND

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1041 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 06:41 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: St. Louis area

Ummm.....it was $300. I bid Tree Fify. Lochness monster outbid me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#1042 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Forum Veteran

Well just saying when money is tight, one generally does not buy things they don't need.

Cookie Monster

Voodoo Blue 2007 6M/T FJ Cruiser | Silver trims painted black | 35% Tints in front(legal limit in Missouri =( | Stock 17" wheels painted black | Bandi CB mount with 4' Firestick and Cobra 19 CB radio | OEM Rock Sliders | Alpine CDA117 Headunit with iPhone hookup | Rockford 4" rear speakers | Rough Country 3" lift with rear coils | 33" Maxxis Bighorn MT-762 | DDM H4 HID Hi/Lo | K&N Engine Filter | DeeZee Ladder | Ricochet HD Red Full Skids | Ironman 4x4 Snorkel |
#1043 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Forum Veteran

I'll probably be waiting till tax time to buy something anyways.
#1044 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Forum Regular

I suggest getting a 3rd gen over a 2nd if you're looking. I've heard nothing but bad news for the 3VZ-E engine and people I know who have them are saying the same thing. Its the one generation that wasn't too popular lol. Yea you get manual locking hubs, but I'd rather have the e locker on the 3rd gen.

Congrats on selling the FJ, I actually like the new focus, they look pretty cool. Wish the US got the RS model.

On a side note, a couple of us mo4wd guys are heading to flatnasty on 12/1. If you've never been to any of the parks in Missouri, its a great park. Taking out a couple noobies that want to get their feet wet.

2010 Black 4Runner SR5 4x4

*Toytec Ultimate Lift + Bilstein shocks ~ Black 4R Trail Wheels ~ 285/70/17 Firestone Destinations A/T ~ Spidertrax Spacers ~ Momo Shift Knob ~ Xenondepot 6500k lows + 3000k fogs ~ Husky mats ~ 20% tint ~ Yakima Loadwarrior ~ Yakima Powderhound ~ AVS Bug Deflector ~ Pioneer Avic Z120bt ~ JL 10w7 prowedge ~ JL 500/1*
#1045 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
adio3x previously said: View Post
I suggest getting a 3rd gen over a 2nd if you're looking. I've heard nothing but bad news for the 3VZ-E engine and people I know who have them are saying the same thing. Its the one generation that wasn't too popular lol. Yea you get manual locking hubs, but I'd rather have the e locker on the 3rd gen.
2nd that! Just had a buddy throw a rod in his 2nd gen. Granted that happening is few and far between but with a 2nd gen you are almost guaranteed to have blow head gaskets at some point... Save a little extra money and get a 3rd gen. You'll be a lot happier you did. Easier to work on, way more reliable motor, more accessories and options, etc. You can always put manual hubs on a 3rd gen if you want too so...
#1046 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 PM

A few years ago I bought a m416 for cash no title. I think it is road ready so I call the Jerseyville Il dmv to get advice on paperwork needed to get it legal and they say no title no register. They will not issue a new title because it could be stolen. I ask about homebuilt title but they want to see reciepts of materials. One title service told me to ask a friend from missouri to get a title from there and then transfer it to me in illinois. I think is bs. Anyone have any advice?
#1047 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Forum Veteran

Alternatively, bring it over to Missouri, have someone register it for you, and get the fancy title for you, thing bring the title to the IL DMV, and they'll issue you a new IL title. Not that hard.

Registering my M101 was a PAINLESS process.
#1048 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
adio3x previously said: View Post

Congrats on selling the FJ, I actually like the new focus, they look pretty cool. Wish the US got the RS model.

On a side note, a couple of us mo4wd guys are heading to flatnasty on 12/1. If you've never been to any of the parks in Missouri, its a great park. Taking out a couple noobies that want to get their feet wet.

I didn't want to sell it, but....eh, life happens. Plus I kind of felt bad about trashing a brand new rig off road, haha.
#1049 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Forum Veteran

There it is in all it's glory. Very nice driving manual again, sunroof is awesome, and the seats are amazing. I'm pretty happy, especially considering the money I'm saving. It's a win-win for me.
#1050 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Forum Master

Looks great. The new Focus is sharp, I like it.

2008 Black Diamond FJ Cruiser Auto 4WD

*TRD exhaust, radiator and oil caps-PRG Snorkel-RME Scuba kit-BajaRack Basket-Gobi ladder-3" RC Lift-All-Pro 1.25" wheel spacers-All-Pro Sliders-Cobra 75WXST CB-All-Pro Bandi mount-3ft Firestik-285/70R17 Fierce Attitude MT's-2 Hella SuperTones-2 Hella 500's-21" Blitzpro LED bar-2 Blitzpro 6LZ LED bars-2 Pilot PL-820C backup lights-ARB snatch strap-60" Hi-Lift-Fiskars X-25 axe and D Grip Shovel-Ricochet skids-Rocktek Rear Shock Armor*

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Mid West Region

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.