Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Bolt size or anyone have spare one for sump guard?

764 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Db2boy 
#1 ·
Tire shop appears to have failed to replace one of the bolts on the sump guard and it bangs on bumps! I'm missing one of the bolts that goes through the guard, this one had a stand off from the guard to the receiving bolt hole.

Anyone know the bolt size of hand or happen to have a spare one kicking around?

Cheers!

#4 · (Edited)
Righto. We affectionately call the silver one a "bling plate" since it doesnt really protect anything, but the black tin ones are commonly referred to as simply skid plates :)

Just get a m8x1.25 bolt...around 25mm long. should do the trick. They just go into a hollow crossmember so the length isnt super important. I think the head size is 13mm so if you can match it, good...but most aftermarket ones are 14mm head size...may want to just replace them all.

#5 ·
Righto. We affectionately call the silver one a "bling plate" since it doesnt really protect anything, but the black tin ones are commonly referred to as simply skid plates :)

Just get a m8x1.25 bolt...around 25mm long. should do the trick. They just go into a hollow crossmember so the length isnt super important
Ha I wasn't aware of that, thanks for educating me as well as supplying exactly what I was looking for.

Rgds, Ant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.