Newbie Discussions A flame free zone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 01:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Newbie needing tire help

Hey all. I have a 12 TT and I am having an OME lift installed (unless anyone in SE TN wants to help..) and I was wondering what size tires are recommended for this lift. I would like to have 315/75/R16 (on stock TRD wheels) and what would else would be required to do that setup

Last edited by Layonnn; 02-15-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 02:59 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Newbie needing tire help

I went through the same questions and concerns regarding tire size and what will look awkward with a 3" lift. I was totally worried about my tires being undersized. I even went tire shopping and got a few quotes. I ended up holding out and I'm glad I did (I got a bumper instead). My FJ looks pretty good even with the BFG's. But that's just my opinion. I do plan on upgrading but figured id save a few bucks for now and wear these out first.
Oh, i did install 1.25" spacers to add some width. Cheers....
But to answer your true question with that large of tire you will need a BMC for sure, and probably more. I'm not an expert though just a fjcforum reader and addict.

Sorry the pic is sideways. Stupid cell phone insert.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Attached Images

2012 T/T Fazzia the FJ
So far: Audio: 2 10" Hertz subs, Kenwood amp, Big Bill CB Radio kit. Icon Stage 2 Lift w/ L/R UCA's, BudBuilt diff skid, T/T sliders, Demello single hooped bumper, Acro fog lights and more fog lights
Wish List:body armor, rear bumper, winch, exhaust, air intake, bigger tires.

"CHICS RULE"
TeAm ZoMbIe FiGhter

Check out my build page. http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...fazzia-fj.html

Last edited by cougarzluv; 02-15-2013 at 03:08 AM.
#3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 05:37 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Newbie needing tire help

The maximum tire size you can put on the stock TRD wheels would be the 285 and if you go 305 or 315 since the rim is only 7.5" wide the tire well be bulging out and you will get an uneven wear. There are a lot theards about the tiers and wheels on the forum. Just do a quick search.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
2010 TT 6MT. Icon Coil Over Shocks+Icon 2.5 Rear+Icon UCA. All pro HD steering Kit. Lucrum Winch Mount with Caterpillar GTB 9000 Winch. Light Force Striker 170 HID. K&N cooled Air Intake.Ricochet Skid Plate. All-Pro Rear LCA. ARB Half Rack. KMC XD Enduro Beadlock XD222. 305/70/R17 BFG KM2. 265/75/R16 BFG KM2. Edelbrock Exhaust. URD Short Shifter. Total Chaos LCA Skids.
And Death Valley Is The Place To Be

Last edited by HERSOG; 02-15-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Newbie Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.