Newbie Discussions A flame free zone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Trail Teams value

I am looking to buy an FJ but I would like to know if spending the extra $$$ worth getting a Trail Teams edition?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Trail Teams value

If you like another color more than the TT color, then go for the other color and spend the money that you saved on some sweet mods. If you REALLY want the TT color, then I say go for it. You can probably get a pretty good deal on a 2012 TT right now and the 2013s aren't that much more expensive than one with the offroad package.

2011 TTSE: RIP

2013 TTSE: 2.5" Fox coilovers w/resis, Fox 2.0" 8-Way Adjustable Rear Shocks, 3.5" All-Pro Springs, Demello Sliders, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper, 305/70/16 Goodyear MT/Rs, 16" Raceline Renegade Rims, Expo-One Washer Bottle, Ricochet LCA Skids, Cobra CB, Bandi Mount, Metal Tech Lower Links, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 2 Baja Designs Squadrons

Link to my build: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ome-build.html
#3 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:20 PM

(Thread Starter)

I have been looking for a 2012 TT. Red is my favorite color but they seem difficult to find. I have to wait a few weeks so I can get back to the U.S. and nab one before they are gone!
#4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

IMO, only the color is why you would get the TT. If you plan to offroad you will no doubt be getting rid of the TT upgraded suspension components and go aftermarket.

All FJ's are the same. TT just come with everything.

2011 NSSE - Icon coilover - TotalChaos UCA - SAW rear coils - OME 895 rear medium shocks - Metal Tech slider - Metal Tech tube bumper - Viper Elite 10k Winch - PIAA 520 ATP - Midland 75-822 CB - Boztec antenna mount - Duratrac 285/70x17 - Scuba Mod - Ricochet skids - PIAA dual horn 400/500 - sPOD - Ellis Stealth Shift Knobs - MPAC rear/side rack - PLX Kiwi Bluetooth OBDII - Nestah Edition Firestik Radio Antenna - National Luna Single Battery Monitor - Tantrum Rock Lights - Outrider Shock Armor - Toy Outfitter LCA - Switched DRL's - Front rock cameras - Custom Rear Cargo Storage - Platinum PM-1 Battery - Raingler Cargo Nets - 10LB Powertank
#5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:44 PM

(Thread Starter)

If they had a regular FJ in the Radiant Red I would much rather have that. Repainting an FJ properly would be tedious and very expensive. I may scrap the red idea and get a green or white one. Not 100% settled yet. I drive a 12 Maxima now but I miss going off road!
#6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Lmmmmm previously said: View Post
All FJ's are the same. TT just come with everything.
In terms of suspension/4x4 gear that's true, but the TT's haven't had the upgraded JBL stereo since the 2011 (green).

But otherwise I totally agree with the above: the TT is an appearance package, nothing more. Buy a TT if the color matched roof / black out treatment appeals to you (it did to me). The price to do the black-out after the fact (with buying factory parts) is ~$1000, and that's not counting the roof paint.

If you do plan on modding, you are paying a little more for the TT's upgraded suspension that you will end up replacing.

Now the proud owner of 3 of the best discontinued vehicles in history:
2006 Honda Big Ruckus / 2006 Honda S2000 / 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Want to see what THREE years (updated!) of offroading in Colorado looks like? Click Here

FJ Cruiser Forums September 2013 Member of the Month

2011 FJ NSSE

My CB Radio Install+Parts Thread

#7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Forum Superstar

Garage

I say go for the TT then. It will be worth it since you want the red.

2013 TTSE: 2.5" Fox coilovers w/resis, Fox 2.0" 8-Way Adjustable Rear Shocks, 3.5" All-Pro Springs, Demello Sliders, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper, 305/70/16 Goodyear MT/Rs, 16" Raceline Renegade Rims, Expo-One Washer Bottle, Ricochet LCA Skids, Cobra CB, Bandi Mount, Metal Tech Lower Links, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 2 Baja Designs Squadrons

#8 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 12:56 PM

(Thread Starter)

Just contacted my local dealership and the red one will probably be a difficult/impossible find in the very near future. Probably going to go Iceberg white!

Selling my Harley to get this going

Daddy needs a new toy!
#9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Forum Superstar

Garage

You might try Craigslist and the forum. You may get lucky and have one pop up.

#10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Garage

look for used 2012 TT's. they are on the market too if new isnt available.

2011 NSSE - Icon coilover - TotalChaos UCA - SAW rear coils - OME 895 rear medium shocks - Metal Tech slider - Metal Tech tube bumper - Viper Elite 10k Winch - PIAA 520 ATP - Midland 75-822 CB - Boztec antenna mount - Duratrac 285/70x17 - Scuba Mod - Ricochet skids - PIAA dual horn 400/500 - sPOD - Ellis Stealth Shift Knobs - MPAC rear/side rack - PLX Kiwi Bluetooth OBDII - Nestah Edition Firestik Radio Antenna - National Luna Single Battery Monitor - Tantrum Rock Lights - Outrider Shock Armor - Toy Outfitter LCA - Switched DRL's - Front rock cameras - Custom Rear Cargo Storage - Platinum PM-1 Battery - Raingler Cargo Nets - 10LB Powertank

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Newbie Discussions

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.