Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Is it possible to buff out these scuff marks?

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Old Cruiser 
#1 ·
I bought these 2010 wheels in new condition. Because of the way they were packed all four of them received scuff marks from the cardboard that was separating them during shipping. Is it possible to buff out these scuff marks and if so how?

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Naa, there shot now...just send them to me & I'll take care of those trashed wheels. Just kidding, trust me sooner or later you'll want to paint them so don't spend too much time cleaning up those scratches. You'll see what I mean if you hang around this forum for awhile. If you feel the need to just replace the wheels, PM me & I'll give you my shipping info. so you can ship me the wheels.

#11 ·
^^^^^ you definately wouldn't notice the marks when done.....
Looks minor, like it's just the clear coat only not scratches just slight rub marks. Go to your local auto store such as Napa get some polishing compound that mixed with a little elbow grease should polish them right up. When finished wax them and your done.
If you have more money then time any body shop can polish them for you but will probably charge at least an hours labour plus shop supplies.

#12 ·
^^What he said- Dont use metal polish on them as that will destroy the clear coat- far too abrasive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.