Newbie Discussions A flame free zone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
is there a plan to stop making FJ's

When I went to buy my 08 fj last year, a guy who bought one the same day said that Toyota was going to stop making these rigs after 2009. is there any truth to this? it doesn't change anything for me... just wondering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: is there a plan to stop making FJ's

yes, no more FJs

-Mark

08' Black Diamond FJ

View my build
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ml#post1145216
#3 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Forum Regular

really? I dont buy that.

Titanium Metallic, MODS, Tinted Windows, K&N Cold Air Intake, Rough Country 6in Suspension Lift, 18in KMC Enduro's, 35in BFGoodrich KM2, All-Pro Off-Road Rear Diff Cover, All-Pro Off-Road Rock Guards, Smoked Headlight Covers, Fabs Four front bumper,Warn 9.5ti, Chopped body mounts and Painted Headlight Bezel,Inchworm lefty transfer case,Budbuilt full skids, Expedition One rear swing out bumper,Bajarack,ARB Simpson 3 RTT,ARB air lockers.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 11:32 AM

Looking for the right FJ for about a month now, looking across the country for price, set up, etc. Dont know if its truth but most of the managers have stated that toyota slowed production in response to the global economy. They focus on the mainstream cars and reduce the niche vehicles...such as FJ. So it is not that they will not make more, just that they made limited 09, will re-evaluate in 10 and either pick up production again or keep it slow depending on the demand.

Like I said not sure if it is truth or not but it was repeated by several dealers on both coasts
#5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 12:14 PM

I don't think this is true at all! I see 5 Fjs wvery minute in Dubai Roads. It's extremely in demand. There is no reasnable reason why they will stop producing FJs.
#6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Forum Superstar

Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Storm previously said: View Post
I don't think this is true at all! I see 5 Fjs wvery minute in Dubai Roads. It's extremely in demand. There is no reasnable reason why they will stop producing FJs.
While they may be in demand in other parts of the world, sales in the United States and Canada have definitely dropped off considerably in the last year or so. I have heard from a couple of dealers that Toyota has halted production of the '09 FJ and are evaluating production needs on a month-to-month basis. On the other hand, I have also heard that the new 2010 FJ will be available this August and that the FJ has not been PERMANENTLY discontinued. So, we just have to wait and see.

Sun Fusion 4X4 AT CQ GY DL FE XY PW CA TC QS
Mods to date: New and Improved Tire cover, with the FJ, tire tracks, and the word "Cruiser" free-hand painted
A-Trac,Dual horn,Michelin Latitude Tours with MB Chaos wheels
Florida "Shark" specialty license plate saying "KRUSR"
#7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Forum Veteran

i agree w/ melloyellow. tons of FJs just sitting on the port of long beach while the dealers arent rolling out the FJs faster than theyve anticipated. US and Canada are the biggest FJ market, and eventhough gas/crude had dropped from all-time high of 150/bl, the trend to hybrid or more fuel efficient vehicles are here to stay. the current govt's stand with going green might also create more incentives to carmakers to steer clear from gas guzzlers.
#8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Forum Superstar

Lifetime Supporting Member

Imagine, in an ideal world, Toyota makes a diesel engine option available for the FJ this coming year?

First off, so many new buyers would become interested since a diesel is offered.

Second, so many current FJ owners, including myself and I am sure many other Forum members, would gladly trade in the FJ's they have for one with a diesel engine.

Thirdly, since at least 50% of all vehicles sold in Europe are diesels, if Toyota had a diesel FJ option AND wanted to open up a new and possibly very lucrative market, they would be very smart, IMHO, to offer the FJ in the European Union countries. After all, Toyota did just announce in the past week that they want to increase their market share in Europe from the current 6% it is now. What better way to do so than with a diesel-powered FJ, along with other diesel vehicles?

Sun Fusion 4X4 AT CQ GY DL FE XY PW CA TC QS
Mods to date: New and Improved Tire cover, with the FJ, tire tracks, and the word "Cruiser" free-hand painted
A-Trac,Dual horn,Michelin Latitude Tours with MB Chaos wheels
Florida "Shark" specialty license plate saying "KRUSR"
#9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Forum Veteran

I drool over the thought of an FJ as much as the next FJ owner, but I doubt that we'll ever see one. I don't see toyota changing anything up on the FJ, given sales numbers in the United States. That would definitely be sweet.
#10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 06:27 PM

I would love a diesel FJ, but look at the Tacoma vs. Hilux, if that is any indication it will be a good long while before we see a non gas FJ here....fingers crossed though

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Newbie Discussions

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.