Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2nd annual Assateague Island run...

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  1BadAzzFJ 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I will be down in Maryland on vacation with the family August 17th-23 if anyone wants to meet up for a run on the sand on Assateague Island. Last year I met up there with two other members. We ended up running into a 4th owner in the parking lot at the guard station and a 5th FJ out on the sand. Although we were limited to how much sand we could run due to the birds mating, we had a good time. If anyone wants to meet up again let me know.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds good. Keep in mind if you have never been to Assateague Island or haven't been there in over a year, you will need to purchase or renew your state park pass and the OSV ( over sand vehicle) permit. The two together cost me $120, but it's good for a full year from the month of purchase.

Here's a link to a video I made on Assateague the summer before I bought the FJ...

Attachments

#5 ·
They have weekly national park passes which are cheaper but they only sell one type of OSV pass (yearly) and that is $90

#6 ·
If anyone is seriously considering going let me know and I will PM you my cell phone number :bigthumb:

#9 · (Edited)
Yeah well, some things in life are more important than playing in the sand. I'm lucky enough to be on vacation that week with no other obligations. I will be sure and post up plenty of pics and video from this year. Here are some more pics from Last year, compliments of RichL ( Awsome photos!)

Attachments

#10 ·
Pics of playin' in the surf :rocker:

Attachments

#12 ·
OK, cool. It's lookin' like Tuesday the 19th or Wednesday the 20th are going to probably be the best chances I will have of making it out on the sand. We had some things come up and I gotta cut my vacation short and head out of town Thursday the 21st instead of Saturday.

#13 ·
Packin' up and getting ready to head to O.C. If anybody wants to meet up PM me and I'll shoot you my cell #

#15 ·
Would you actually be interested in going? I can make it next Friday if you would want to meet up.

#18 ·
Ended up going solo with the family. Here's some pics...video to follow as soon as I get it loaded

Attachments

#19 ·
SOO PISSED! I swapped the wrong SD cards into my deer trail cameras when I got back from the beach. I think the trail cameras re-formatted the SD cards or something cause the beach cruising videos are gone :-(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.