Forum Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
SW Idaho Trail Run?

Is there anyone in the Boise/Nampa/Caldwell/Mtn. Home area who wants to get together and show an off-roading newbie a few tricks on some local trails? Not looking for anything too extreme...yet.

I have a stock TT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Garage
Re: SW Idaho Trail Run?

I would be up for it next month. This is a busy time for work and of course on the family side. I would like to check out the new cement colour.

I also want to try and get out with the Oregon/Washington folks, but I have been busy when they had their trail runs.

2012 TT 6MT: ICON Extended Travel Coil Overs, Icon Rear Lift, Total Chaos UCAs, Skyjacker Links, Richochet/All Pro Skid Plates, Flowmaster 50 Series, TRD Intake Element, Freedom Windows, Bandi CB Mount, 55W 5000k HIDs, Interior Zombie Lights.

#3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would suggest the Old Oregon Trail. It can be accessed from Bonneville Point southeast of Boise a few miles. There are some dirt two-track roads snaking through the desert. There is a likelihood of pinstriping from the sagebrush.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Forum Master

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Zed 71 previously said: View Post
I would be up for it next month. This is a busy time for work and of course on the family side. I would like to check out the new cement colour.

I also want to try and get out with the Oregon/Washington folks, but I have been busy when they had their trail runs.
Zed, where you located? Know of any decent trails down my way? I am generally willing to drive a few hours in any direction. Is the road to Silver City still open?
#5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Forum Veteran

Garage

Currently located western most part of Boise, but I travel a lot in the Pacific NW. Near Boise try the Oregon trail like Credley suggested, the military practice area (birds of prey reserve) south of town on Pleasant Road, or Shaw Mountain Road up Rocky Canyon (leads up to Bogus area). Those are pretty mellow.

Not sure if the road to Silver City (Murphy side) has snow up top. You can probably get through from Jordan Valley.

2012 TT 6MT: ICON Extended Travel Coil Overs, Icon Rear Lift, Total Chaos UCAs, Skyjacker Links, Richochet/All Pro Skid Plates, Flowmaster 50 Series, TRD Intake Element, Freedom Windows, Bandi CB Mount, 55W 5000k HIDs, Interior Zombie Lights.

#6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Forum Master

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Currently located western most part of Boise, but I travel a lot in the Pacific NW. Near Boise try the Oregon trail like Credley suggested, the military practice area (birds of prey reserve) south of town on Pleasant Road, or Shaw Mountain Road up Rocky Canyon (leads up to Bogus area). Those are pretty mellow.

Not sure if the road to Silver City (Murphy side) has snow up top. You can probably get through from Jordan Valley.
I've run the Race to Robie Creek the last several years, so I'm "familiar" with Rocky Canyon. Would be nice to drive it for once!

What dealer did you buy from/get service from? I have only seen a red TT in Boise one time this past summer, on Orchard Rd. parked at a Mexican restaurant.
#7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Forum Veteran

Garage

Bought mine from the dealer in Ontario, OR. Not a very good experience, but they were the only ones that had a 6MT nearby.

So far I have only taken it to the Peterson Toyota. Service was good, but most of the sales staff is not friendly. Also I cannot believe the run down waiting area. I was considering getting a Lexus for the wife, but that waiting area is a mess and the sales staff. However, there is a new guy there from the Ontario dealership, and he knows the FJ inside and out and is a nice guy.

Next service I will try Tom Scott in Nampa. The waiting area is better and the sales staff like to chat. Also I can visit the Nissan dealership where I used to have the Infiniti coupe serviced. Those are really nice folks.

I think there are 3 red TTs in town including mine. The one at the Mexican restaurant is the owner's. There are quite a few modded FJs in town, and I am surprised they are not on here (or that often).

Looking forward to spotting yours! Mine has a zombie hunting sticker on the back. Yeah long post, just waiting at the airport...

Last edited by Zed 71; 12-07-2012 at 09:20 AM.
#8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Forum Master

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Bought mine from the dealer in Ontario, OR. Not a very good experience, but they were the only ones that had a 6MT nearby.

So far I have only taken it to the Peterson Toyota. Service was good, but most of the sales staff is not friendly. Also I cannot believe the run down waiting area. I was considering getting a Lexus for the wife, but that waiting area is a mess and the sales staff. However, there is a new guy there from the Ontario dealership, and he knows the FJ inside and out and is a nice guy.

Next service I will try Tom Scott in Nampa. The waiting area is better and the sales staff like to chat. Also I can visit the Nissan dealership where I used to have the Infiniti coupe serviced. Those are really nice folks.

I think there are 3 red TTs in town including mine. The one at the Mexican restaurant is the owner's. There are quite a few modded FJs in town, and I am surprised they are not on here (or that often).

Looking forward to spotting yours! Mine has a zombie hunting sticker on the back. Yeah long post, just waiting at the airport...
I generally prefer Tom Scott over Peterson too, but there is a sales guy at Peterson who really was helpful to me in finding just the right FJ. His name is Lee Schel. Even though I ended up buying out of state, he was helpful and understood my choice.

At Tom Scott, I went out to look at a red TT back in the summer, even though they had already sold it. Apparently, the owner of the dealership bought it.
#9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Forum Master

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Bump. Zed, you still up for a quick run in the next few weeks? I'm still looking to see what this FJ can do. I drove it up to the top of 8th St. after the first snow and played around a little, but that's it.
#10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Forum Veteran

Garage

Yep. I have to finalize the schedule for a few business trips. Once i do that I will let you know.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > North West Region

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.