Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Northwest fj gathering

3K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  CKole 
#1 ·
I had an idea that I wanted to run by everyone. For those of us who can't go to there summit, or can't afford it or can't drive 16 hours and get off work for a week, and you live in Oregon or Washington. Maybe plan a gathering somewhere in Oregon or Washington for a weekend in July where there are trails. Camp out, show off your rigs, ride the trails, party, cookout, make friends etc.. Shouldn't be too hard to organize this.. What do you guys think???

BCJ

#4 ·
Getting close!

#5 ·
I'd be up for another camping meetup!

#11 ·
What! There is a beach run?:rofl:

#14 ·
As long as I can get Black Bear Pass and tickets, I'll be going to Summit but I'd still be down with something before or after or really anytime. Just tossing out another option but there's amazing trails in southern Oregon such as 8 Dollar and McGrew Trail. McGrew Trail is actually sponsored by our local TLCA sanctioned Jefferson State Cruisers. They do a run that's kind of cosponsored with Cascade Cruisers. It's extremely beautiful and as easy as you want or insane. It runs through the massive Biscuit Fire (largest in Oregon's recorded history) along ridgelines in the southern edge of the Kalmiopsis Wilderness and ends at the Smith River (Sourdough) at an awesome camping area with beach and swimming hole. What's commonly called the "Fire Road" is a easy but extremely rough and narrow road that parallels the McGrew Trail for those that want a milder trip and has some pretty intense side roads. One of my favorites is the Diamond Creek Road as it follows the creek and has some remote and private camp areas. It also has one of the best swimming holes I've ever seen, complete with rope swing. The road is pretty much FJC or Jeep only all the way to the creek crossing. The crossing is pretty nuts. High angle descent to the creek with very large boulders in the stream bed. Maybe 10 or so rigs a year go beyond this point. I probably would have tried it if I hadn't had my hitch basket and big cooler. Pretty remote area with lots of mining history.

Anyway, just throwing out another option. There's a lot of trails in southern Oregon that are essentially unheard of but rival anywhere else in the country as far as scenery. I'd be more than happy to help organize a run down here if there's any interest. I have never been to Naches but would be willing to join a run there too.

#22 ·
Missed the threads about the Florence run. Subscribed to NW Regional forum so it doesn't happen again. I would be up for a July gathering if this happens (or something between now and then). Kayaking in ID July 8-12. Otherwise open! Would be great to meet some of you :rocker:

Dan

#23 ·
How about Xmas Valley in late July, since I'll be in the area then.
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.