AZ FJ owner pulled a knife on me, wife, kids. Need your help - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Off-Topic Discussion This area is for discussion of off-topic related items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: AZ FJ owner pulled a knife on me, wife, kids. Need your help

Quote:
Tars Tarkas previously said: View Post
I think I'd take another go at the sheriff's department -- maybe with a different deputy. It doesn't sound like "he said, he said" if you have a witness, which you do.

Just out of curiousity -- I can't see how it matters to your story, but was the speed limit 40 and were you going faster or slower?

TT
I was at a dennys once and a guy stuck a fork in another guys eye for making a joke about the guys girl. People are nuts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

wow that's almost my user name. But not me. I am a 27 year old Navajo lady. Glad you guys are ok.

'08 FJC Sandstorm: Icon Stage 1 w/ LR UCAs,285s, E.P. knobs,BajaRack, homemade C pillar pods, T.G. Sliders, steering wheel mod, bottle opener, and wingless.
#13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Lightbulb

Quote:
tibaal89 previously said: View Post
Yea that sounds a lot better than the guy just leaving and nothing happening... kinda sounds like the ***hole in the blue FJ follows a similar philosophy, his something like "anyone who doesn't drive the way I like gets threatened with a knife, period. End of story."
Really Mike, Wow! What if her window was open and he stabbed and killed her? 30 feet is the normal self defense, "feared for our lives", deadly force reactionary gap. It takes less the 2 seconds to close that gap. How's your reaction time? I notice you didn't say squat to the member who said run him over. The OP was LUCKY that nothing happened.

So what your saying is that his irrational, life threatening ("charged us with a knife") behavior was acceptable because no one was hurt and that I'm the same as he for saying protect yourself and your family?

Isn't this exactly why half this forum carries?

http://arizonashooter.com/?tag=road-rage

"They are the best at what they do, and they specialize in the ridiculous."

Last edited by Hannibal; 11-12-2011 at 10:50 PM.
#14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to tibaal89

Of course this is all speculation since we weren't there... but from what I understand this guy was in a car, and crazy guy is outside with a knife. What's he going to do, stab through your car? You're saying that someone coming within 30 feet of your car with a knife when you're inside it should automatically be shot? That sounds a little insane, sorry.

If they're both out of their vehicles, different story... brandishing a gun in that situation seems reasonable. If the crazy guy continues running at you despite your obviously having a gun - that's also a different story.

Crazy guy's behavior is not acceptable, no one would say that. Nor am I being anti-gun here, your comments just struck me as a little Rambo. I hadn't noticed the post about running him over, though for some reason I'm more OK with that.

-Mike (W7FJC)
check out my BLOG thing...
AZFJ.org - Arizona FJ Cruisers!
Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
#15 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 191 Post(s)

Open window what if, did you miss that? Knife weilding assailant is on the drivers side and she's driving, where does she retreat to? Sitting duck comes to mind.

Scottsdale road-rage shooting kills 1; man in custody - Arizona News from The Arizona Republic

BTW, Nice back pedaling

"They are the best at what they do, and they specialize in the ridiculous."
#16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:16 PM

(Thread Starter)

Wow - thanks for all the support. Wasn't expecting such a great response, but it helps. Still kinda freaked out about the whole thing, so knowing you all are out there is comforting.

Just to fill in some facts, wifey was driving - we were in her car (Nissan). If i'd been driving i would definitely have hit the gas and pinned his crazy ass between the bumpers...but with my little girls in the car, maybe not. And, speed limit was 40 and we were doing 40 - wife drives to the letter of the law when the kiddos are in tow.

As for what I'd do if I got his info, I think i just want to know who the hell he is so i can boycott his business (if he's got one), or just make folks aware that he's nuts. He was a totally clean-cut looking older white guy, so that's why i think he is some 'respectable' type but secretly a nut jjob looking to hurt someone.

And i think i will give the sheriffs a few days and then call back to see what, if anything, they did about it. if they didn't at least write the guy up for trying to run us down I probably will file my own complaint.

One things for sure - i do own several firearms, and now that i know that the cops don't care who does what if no one's around to see it, I'm gonna be carrying my own just in case something like this happens again. hope i don't ever use it, but don't want to be put in that position again.

Thanks for all the good chatter and well wishes. I really hope someone who knows this guy let's him know he might not get to drive away next time.
#17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Forum Superstar

Garage

Dude... that sucks.
Crazy people.
Good to hear that your family is alright.

-Chris
2011 Iceberg 6MT - 雪女- "Oyuki"
Eternal Blue, Forever Green,
Sounders til I die!

Method Race Wheels NV - Goodyear Duratrac - Ricochet Skids - OPOR Sliders
Radflo 2.5" w/ Resi - Radflo 2.5" LT Rears w/ Resi - Metal Tech LT Rear Kit - TC UCA's
TRDparts4U Metal Tech Discount Tire
#18 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Forum Superstar

Send a message via AIM to tibaal89

Quote:
Hannibal 808 previously said: View Post
BTW, Nice back pedaling
Don't mess with me, I'll shoot you!

-Mike (W7FJC)
check out my BLOG thing...
AZFJ.org - Arizona FJ Cruisers!
Something there is that doesn't love a wall, that wants it down...
#19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 12:30 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

This is why every responsible person needs to carry.

Simply step out and tell him not to bring a knife to a gun fight

-Nick

#20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Forum Master

Garage
Supporting Member

That deputy is not doing his job. Another driver tailgated you dangerously. Then recklessly endangered you all when he intentionally tried to stop short in front of you. He then communicated a threat while wielding a weapon. Go to the sheriff department and if that doesn't work make a complaint with the state police. You have his license tag.

Now, as for dealing with this yourself. Forget it. You'll just make more trouble for yourself. Make a formal complaint with the police and press charges if you want. Otherwise, try to forget the whole thing as soon as possible.

Glad you are all safe.

’08 Sandstorm, AT - Damn Thing Will Climb a Tree!
2.5” Daystar spacer lift
285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Bilstein 5100's on back
Rigid Industries 40" Lightbar on a Gobi Stealth Rack. "Like a little bit of the sun."
Custom 3rd row seat.
Blacked out the silver.
Manual switch for the DRL's.
Custom made equipment rack in the tail gate.
And for Pete’s sake, get yourself the LED dome lights!

Wrote the novel called "White Passage: Red Sun." It's based upon my Special Forces counter terrorism and counterinsurgency experience in Latin America. You can check it out here: http://www.WhitePassage.com

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.