Communism? - Page 50 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Off-Topic Discussion This area is for discussion of off-topic related items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#491 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Re: Communism?

Pretty darn good there Mr. Wikid.
Many years ago a friend of mine had a real simple solution

You can only run for one office once in your life.....better make it good.

I have nothing pithy to say.

βŁύẾֱֳֳֶָָmŢ6ֳֶֻ׃
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#492 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 47 Post(s)

Quote:
PSYCHO BILLY previously said: View Post
Should America be re-named? "Titanic".. has a particular ring to it..
Nah, I still believe we're the iceberg.

I have nothing pithy to say.

βŁύẾֱֳֳֶָָmŢ6ֳֶֻ׃
#493 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
abophx previously said: View Post
Nah, I still believe we're the iceberg.
I'm with ya, Brother. The wolf instead of the sheep... Of course, that iceberg melted long ago...

Lugnut's build:
"pSYCHO bILLY cADILLAC"

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-cadillac.html
DEGUELLO.
#494 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Wikid previously said: View Post
here here
No parties,, You have your beliefs, even if you aren't affiliated with a party

Application to run for President
Stringent requirements, that give you well rounded experience, to hold the office. The very small field of candidates, would be given a split of the campaign money collected , to run their campaign. No individual donations, to specific candidates.
This would show how affective your financial and budget skills are. The person that moves forward, using allotted money effectively, to promote his ideas.

Field is whittled down, with elections for 2 years. As the field is whittled down, they get a split of the campaign money, to see how effectively they mange again.
At the end the last 4 candidates will run against each other , with another split in campaign money for the final push.
No Negative ads,
Run on your own merit and ideals

This model could be used in every form of government for elected positions

Presidential position (6) year term , Just think you would actually get 6 years of work versus, 2 years work, 2 years campaigning for the next term , total of 4 years out of presidential work
(Just think, Air Force One would be for official business again)

Reviews yearly, to be sure the president is on the correct path, for our country. With impeachment consequences, for poor performance
Second in line, is the second vote getter.

No lobbying, Bills presented, cannot be attached, with earmarks.

Congress only gets pay for the years they serve and have the same healthcare benefits, they vote in, for their constituents.
After their term , they can go back to their jobs, as it was designed, by our founding fathers
Attendance requirements, as it is in any place of work. You have so many absences, or Tardiness, you are fired, like the rest of us .
Part time wages
No Pensions, again this was the design, by our founding fathers

Average citizens should be the focus of congress, not just lawyers and career politicians
Blue collar workers, construction workers, mothers , fathers,. etc NOT just high priced lawyers
You can only have one term in congress too.
Make the congressional election, fall in the middle of the presidential term, to ensure biases are removed, if there are any.

Written and internet applications, for the office, with a resume of experience, for all to review, along with their position, on all the topics the country is concerned with.
Accountability for telling the truth about your record and stance, on a specific topic. You lie, your out.

There is more but this gets the ball rolling .
I wouldnt think that would be a bad idea.
#495 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
During the Nuremburg Trials, Churchill denounced the idea of "the cold blooded execution of soldiers who fought for their country" and that he'd rather be "taken out in the courtyard and shot" himself than to partake in any action.
Could this be what Yellow wasp was refering to? About the Marine being discharged for his "political" postings on FaceBook? Maybe he feels it was wrong for him to be discharged?
I may be way out of line on this one.
I guess I have seen both sides, the good and the bad, but even recently I have seen the bad...if not the worst, many to sensitive for this media...

But as I believe and will always defend, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I love him for that...

And yes it was about the Marine, he has big support from a few higher ups lets see what happens...

As a note Lug, check out Agenda 21 when you get a chance....we can chat about it.

"Stubborn as a Bull, Deadlier than a Rattlesnake"
Fighting for Freedom Zoooming with his sidekick Bumble Bee....
#496 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 PM
THE ROCK

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
abophx previously said: View Post
Pretty darn good there Mr. Wikid.
Many years ago a friend of mine had a real simple solution

You can only run for one office once in your life.....better make it good.
Thanks Alston
We have a mess , with the results being the same. Time to shake it up and make it about the people, again

"The Rock"
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...8490-rock.html

WikidfJ Partially retired
Wikid link
#497 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Garage

Don't know if this has been posted or not and I didn't want to start a new thread, but it's worth a look.

Quote:
Obama’s Favor-Buying Slush Fund

A provision in the Obamacare bill gives the Administration of Barack Obama a taxpayer-funded $5 billion slush fund to dole out to favored businesses, labor unions and States to pay for health insurance for early retirees. Two recipients of those funds are The Washington Post Company and CBS Corporation.

The fund is the Early Retiree Reinsurance Program (ERRP), and about $2 billion of the fund’s total — which is supposed to last until 2014 when the Obamacare taxes begin to kick in — has been doled out already. It is projected that the fund will be exhausted before the end of the year.

But it’s noteworthy that two corporations with news organizations that regularly cover Obama and his policies are recipients of the largess. The Washington Post Company, the parent of The Washington Post, received $573,217. CBS Corporation owns CBS News and raked in $722,388.

Obama's Slush Fund

-Nick

#498 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Should America be re-named? "Titanic".. has a particular ring to it..
Thats a good one....

We have One party with 2 factions...that takes you to a revolving door between Gov and Private Interest, I think I defined that before...

Corporatocracy - it used to be called Fascism..based on a passive citizenry and subservient (corporate) media

#499 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Xx_Black-out previously said: View Post
Don't know if this has been posted or not and I didn't want to start a new thread, but it's worth a look.
With luck the Supreme Court with strike down the entire program, the only winner is the insurance companies , why would you want the government forcing you to get anything....

Humana alone spent +26 million dollars to lobby for the Obamacare, dont you think that money could have gone to something more meaningful..

To name a few...
Blue Cross
Pfizer
UnitedHealth Group—the nations largest health insurance company
Lilly
Cigna

Who got the money:

To name a few..they call it donations..

Max Baucus (D-MT) of the Senate Finance Committee who received $56,250 Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT) who received $110,000

the list dont look like its the people

#500 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I could kiss you
Quote:
Wikid previously said: View Post
here here
No parties,, You have your beliefs, even if you aren't affiliated with a party

Application to run for President
Stringent requirements, that give you well rounded experience, to hold the office. The very small field of candidates, would be given a split of the campaign money collected , to run their campaign. No individual donations, to specific candidates.
This would show how affective your financial and budget skills are. The person that moves forward, using allotted money effectively, to promote his ideas.

Field is whittled down, with elections for 2 years. As the field is whittled down, they get a split of the campaign money, to see how effectively they mange again.
At the end the last 4 candidates will run against each other , with another split in campaign money for the final push.
No Negative ads,
Run on your own merit and ideals

This model could be used in every form of government for elected positions

Presidential position (6) year term , Just think you would actually get 6 years of work versus, 2 years work, 2 years campaigning for the next term , total of 4 years out of presidential work
(Just think, Air Force One would be for official business again)

Reviews yearly, to be sure the president is on the correct path, for our country. With impeachment consequences, for poor performance
Second in line, is the second vote getter.

No lobbying, Bills presented, cannot be attached, with earmarks.

Congress only gets pay for the years they serve and have the same healthcare benefits, they vote in, for their constituents.
After their term , they can go back to their jobs, as it was designed, by our founding fathers
Attendance requirements, as it is in any place of work. You have so many absences, or Tardiness, you are fired, like the rest of us .
Part time wages
No Pensions, again this was the design, by our founding fathers

Average citizens should be the focus of congress, not just lawyers and career politicians
Blue collar workers, construction workers, mothers , fathers,. etc NOT just high priced lawyers
You can only have one term in congress too.
Make the congressional election, fall in the middle of the presidential term, to ensure biases are removed, if there are any.

Written and internet applications, for the office, with a resume of experience, for all to review, along with their position, on all the topics the country is concerned with.
Accountability for telling the truth about your record and stance, on a specific topic. You lie, your out.

There is more but this gets the ball rolling .

SOLD May 14, 2014-Austin Texas Sucks
2011 NSSE: Bilstein 5100's, Toytec coilovers, Toytec superflex springs in the rear, Light Racing UCA, Demello Sliders, Midland CB with bandi mount, KM2 on MB72, FJNewb's Scuba Mod, Toyoutfitters rear links, Rocktec link mount armor, Rocktec shock armor, full set of Ricochet Skids personally installed by Brad at Ricochet , Hi Lift extreme 48" on custom made mounts, custom made mounts for shovel and axe, Springtail HD side mount, Sprintail Cargo/Pet Barrier, The Source tank (with better regulator), H3R HalGuard fire 2.5 extinguisher, BMC
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic47188_4.gif

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.