Weeds Legal! - Page 23 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Off-Topic Discussion This area is for discussion of off-topic related items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#221 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
FJoel previously said: View Post
I'm hardly closed minded, and I have lots to learn about a lot of things. If you're not willing to bring facts and data to an argument, you are not very good at arguing.
I don't think this thread was started for the sake of arguing or debating. It was a historic event in American history and some of us are very excited about that and wanted to express it. Then others like you wanted to come in and smear it. We got the point that you don't and probably will never agree with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#222 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Supporting Member
Quote:
brad420 previously said: View Post
I don't think this thread was started for the sake of arguing or debating. It was a historic event in American history and some of us are very excited about that and wanted to express it. Then others like you wanted to come in and smear it. We got the point that you don't and probably will never agree with it.
I have a hard time believing the retail sale of weed to anyone over a certain age will ever happen. I hope it does but I don't see how that is going to go down when you think about all the questions that arise to make this come to fruition.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

• 2007 Voodoo 6MT
  • AllPro Walker Evans lift
  • AllPro Uniball UCAs
  • Allpro Rear Lower Links
  • Allpro Roof Rack
  • LCNW Front Tube Bumper
  • LCNW Rear Tube Bumper
  • Warn 9.5 TI Winch with Syn Line
  • Stealth Custom Series Matte Bronze Wheels
  • 285 70 17 Duratracs
  • URD 6MT Quickshifter
#223 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Re: Weeds Legal!

FOR ALL YOU guys/girls out there that have kids are you ok with them being around it freely? even smoking it with there friends and maybe ruining there lifes...drugs CAN do that and it happens ..i've seen it everyone here has seen it where the drugs become more important than anything thing else in life to some people and it happens...is everyone willing to risk that with there own family/kids etc?

#224 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
ZoSoIV previously said: View Post
FOR ALL YOU guys/girls out there that have kids are you ok with them being around it freely? even smoking it with there friends and maybe ruining there lifes...drugs CAN do that and it happens ..i've seen it everyone here has seen it where the drugs become more important than anything thing else in life to some people and it happens...is everyone willing to risk that with there own family/kids etc?
It's hard to argue with what you say, but there are plenty of legal substances that, when abused, ruin people's lives, even innocent bystanders, particularly alcohol.

Quick story:
Childhood friend wanted to join the Marines at 18. Tested positive for weed. Marines said they'd have him, but forget about college tuition & other perks. He said FU and is currently a jobless,toothless crackhead that lives in his mother's house at 47 years old.
Did the weed turn him into a worthless member of society? Maybe, maybe not.
I'm more inclined to believe that the illegality of pot sealed his fate. BTW, we drank long before making the gateway jump to reefer.

Substitute your word "drugs" with ice cream, soda, beer, sugar, caffeine, pork ribs, ribeyes, etc., etc., etc. Even water kills. I think banning Big Gulps in NYC is just the beginning if you're line of reasoning is applied across the board. Where exactly does it end?

I'll take freedom over a Nanny state every time.
#225 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
ZoSoIV previously said: View Post
Me being around open marijuana use growing up helped me make informed decisions when harder stuff was offered.

The props that passed does not allow children to use it. It is more readily accessible to your children right now than alcohol is in most communities.

But then again you don't give a sh!t what I think and you will not change your mind so I an wasting my time. Go ruin some one else's thread with your stubborn opinion.
#226 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)

Quote:
Quote:
Me being around open marijuana use growing up helped me make informed decisions when harder stuff was offered.

The props that passed does not allow children to use it. It is more readily accessible to your children right now than alcohol is in most communities.

But then again you don't give a sh!t what I think and you will not change your mind so I an wasting my time. Go ruin some one else's thread with your stubborn opinion.
#227 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Cajun Moderator

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Smalldog previously said: View Post
I have a hard time believing the retail sale of weed to anyone over a certain age will ever happen. I hope it does but I don't see how that is going to go down when you think about all the questions that arise to make this come to fruition.
In order to change federal law making cannabis legal, the US would have to back out of this treaty, which they created, from what it looks like. I don't imagine they are willing to do that. At least i think that is the case. Yes/no?

Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2001 UZJ-100 Land Cruiser - 35" MTRs, ARBs fr/rr, 4.88s, ARB front, BIOR rear & skids, Radflo 2.5s, OME springs, 1" BL, WKOR rails, DT headers
1997 FZJ-80 Locked - Sold
2007 Supercharged FJ Cruiser - Sold
-Layton
TLCA# 20623

Last edited by Layonnn; 11-13-2012 at 10:10 PM.
#228 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)

Quote:
Layonnn previously said: View Post
In order to change federal law making cannabis legal, the US would have to back out of this treaty, which they created, from what it looks like. I don't imagine they are willing to do that. At least i think that is the case.

Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah but I read today that the United States is splitting... something about Red and Blue (but not related to the video game Halo) and some White House Petitions, etc.

Where was that thread? I just skimmed it because I really don't see it happening... but who knows?
#229 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
FJoel previously said: View Post
Yeah but I read today that the United States is splitting... something about Red and Blue (but not related to the video game Halo) and some White House Petitions, etc.

Where was that thread? I just skimmed it because I really don't see it happening... but who knows?
Man I am sure there would be some interesting conversations around civil war in that thread.
#230 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Need...

If you have any vehicular problems that may result in potential safety issues in the long run that Toyota's simply putting a Band - Aid® on or ignoring outright (be it Premature Throwout Bearing Wear, Weak Fenders, Vibrating Steering Columns, etc.), make the issue known and report it to the NHTSA through the link below.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.