Whaddupwidat Louisiana? - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Off-Topic Discussion This area is for discussion of off-topic related items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 PM
"I've got more hair and I'm sexier than Old Cruiser"

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Whaddupwidat Louisiana?

There are several of the states at half and over. Texas has over 50,000 and Louisiana has over 25,000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage

How crazy would it be if it only took 25,000 signatures to secede from the Government I agree, it's good to see it stirring interest and get people talking.

-Nick

#23 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 PM
"I've got more hair and I'm sexier than Old Cruiser"

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
Garage

There was something signed by the president in like 1866 or so that a state can no longer secede if I remember right.

Found it.

According to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, a 1866 proclamation signed by then-President Andrew Johnson clearly spelled out that no state had the right to leave the union:

"...It is the manifest determination of the American people that no State, of its own will, has a right or power to go out of or separate itself from, or be separated from the American Union; and that, therefore, each State ought to remain and constitute an integral part of the United States..."
#24 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

"The U.S. government allows one month from the date the petition is submitted to WhiteHouse.gov to obtain 25,000 signatures in order for the Obama administration to consider the request. The likelihood of the current administration to even entertain the idea of allowing states to secede is almost non-existent. "

- Citizens from 20 states have filed to secede from the United States - Dallas downtown | Examiner.com

"Of course, this is mostly a symbolic gesture. The odds of the American government granting any state permission to go its own way are on par with winning the lottery while getting hit by a meteor while seeing Bigfoot while finding gluten-free pizza that tastes like the real thing."
(so they're saying there's a chance woot!!)

- http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...190210006.html

2007 TRDSE
ZORT

you don't have a soul you are a soul you have a body

#25 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Cajun Moderator

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Xx_Black-out previously said: View Post
Texas, Louisiana and Alabama already hit the 25,000 signature threshold to pass the petition. Now it's off to the POTUS!

I'm guessing Obama will deny the petition and then what...it goes to the state to decide?
My guess is that the POTUS will just threaten to remove all federal funding to the state and the state will back down.

Also, how can people from other states sign a petition to get Louisiana to secede? Man i really dislike North Dakota. I wonder if we can get 25,000 people to kick them out of the US? hahaha.

2001 UZJ-100 Land Cruiser - 35" MTRs, ARBs fr/rr, 4.88s, ARB front, BIOR rear & skids, Radflo 2.5s, OME springs, 1" BL, WKOR rails, DT headers
1997 FZJ-80 Locked - Sold
2007 Supercharged FJ Cruiser - Sold
-Layton
TLCA# 20623

Last edited by Layonnn; 11-12-2012 at 11:17 PM.
#26 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 192 Post(s)

It will never happen, Hawaii has been trying for years. The repercussions are that the Feds will use this against them when it comes time to renew certain Federal Funding. Federally funded interstate hwy's would become border crossings, interstate commerce non existent.

It's a lose-lose situation.

Sounds like fun

"They are the best at what they do, and they specialize in the ridiculous."
#27 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Layonnn previously said: View Post
My guess is that the POTUS will just threaten to remove all federal funding to the state and the state will back down.

Also, how can people from other states sign a petition to get Louisiana to secede? Man i really dislike North Dakota. I wonder if we can get 25,000 people to kick them out of the US? hahaha.

I was looking at my state's names and A LOT of them were from other parts of the US...didn't make a lot of sense!

-Nick

#28 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)

^^^ x2 LOL, a lot of these petitions have signatures from out of state folks..
#29 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)

why its not a good idea to sign it vvvvvvvvv

The White House website contains a section dedicated to letting the people’s voice be heard. Got an idea for a petition? Got enough signatures? The White House promises it will “be reviewed” and that they will “issue a response” to it. Should be interesting to see how the White House responds to the thirty plus states who have garnered enough signatures to secede from the United States.

“Can I ask you a quick question? Who thinks it’s a good idea to put your name on a petition secede from the United States of America and give it to President Obama?” Glenn said on radio this morning.

According to TheBlaze, over thirty states have petitions for secession submitted to White House with over one thousand signatures each. The Texas petition alone has over 40,000. According to WhiteHouse.gov, petitions with over 25,000 signatures are supposed to receive the attention of the President.

“So after the election, what did people start doing? In 27 states, people started to ask for a peaceful secession from the United States of America. Now how do you think that’s going to work out?” Glenn wondered. “You’re putting your name on a list that goes directly to the White House and you’re putting your name on a list and say ‘Yep, I believe we should secede. I believe there should be a civil war.’ That’s really smart.”

More than 30 states have a serious secession movement – Glenn Beck

The traditional America as we knew it is over BUT it can make a come back and will!!

Last edited by ZoSoIV; 11-13-2012 at 07:27 PM.
#30 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Cajun Moderator

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
ZoSoIV previously said: View Post
‘Yep, I believe we should secede. I believe there should be a civil war.’ That’s really smart.” - Glenn Beck
[sarcasm]
Man, it is so uncharacteristic of Glenn Beck to put words in peoples mouth that they did not say.
[/sarcasm]

Where does any petition mention anything about starting a civil war? I do believe that nearly every single one of those petitions begins:
"Peacefully allow the state of _______ to secede"

2001 UZJ-100 Land Cruiser - 35" MTRs, ARBs fr/rr, 4.88s, ARB front, BIOR rear & skids, Radflo 2.5s, OME springs, 1" BL, WKOR rails, DT headers
1997 FZJ-80 Locked - Sold
2007 Supercharged FJ Cruiser - Sold
-Layton
TLCA# 20623

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.