All gun ban and confiscation Illinois - Page 7 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Off-Topic Discussion This area is for discussion of off-topic related items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#61 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: All gun ban and confiscation Illinois

So, you are ok with it, just because its registration? Would you be ok with registration of your free speech? What about registration of your bible, quran or other holy book?

From the Preamble to The Bill of Rights....
The Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Forum Regular

Federal Registration is the law of the land right now. Other than gun shows and person to person sales and trades this is nothing new to the registration aspects is there?

I guess when I look at that list of weapons I don't really see anything that if they disappeared that would keep me from defending my country, home or family in the event TSHTF.
I was highly trained as a shooter by our Government and I would be just as at home defending myself with a 22 single shot long gun as my AR15 or Glock 40 , registered or not threats will cease to move about if I feel the need to make them cold and it does would require 30 round clips to make it happen. From the list I see lots of fun to shoot weapons but nothing that is a necessity to defend myself.
What we are seeing here is the few are spoiling it for the many as in most cases we have a few nut jobs flipping out and taking out innocents and the backlash will ALWAYS encompass the many because there is no simple way to sort out the wackos from the true shooting enthusiasts so laws will apply to everyone.

Pioneer AVIC D3, DVD mod,GPS,Backup Cam
All Pro bumpers front and rear
Smittybuilt XRC 8
DieHard PM1 G31 AGM main battery
FOX racing remote res 2" front shocks/springs
Rear FOX racing 2" rear shocks
All Pro rear lift springs
All Pro extended rear brake lines
DIY Bandi Mount
All Pro Sliders
BoneYard Finds
Factory roof air dam 2 Hella 500 lights
All weather factory deep floor mats
Riders armrest
In the works
Midland 75-822 CB (In but struggling with SWR on 40)
#63 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
toddah previously said: View Post
Federal Registration is the law of the land right now. Other than gun shows and person to person sales and trades this is nothing new to the registration aspects is there?

I guess when I look at that list of weapons I don't really see anything that if they disappeared that would keep me from defending my country, home or family in the event TSHTF.
I was highly trained as a shooter by our Government and I would be just as at home defending myself with a 22 single shot long gun as my AR15 or Glock 40 , registered or not threats will cease to move about if I feel the need to make them cold and it does would require 30 round clips to make it happen. From the list I see lots of fun to shoot weapons but nothing that is a necessity to defend myself.
What we are seeing here is the few are spoiling it for the many as in most cases we have a few nut jobs flipping out and taking out innocents and the backlash will ALWAYS encompass the many because there is no simple way to sort out the wackos from the true shooting enthusiasts so laws will apply to everyone.
The way that law is written there are enough loopholes to ban significantly more firearms then what people are saying its for. That's the problem.

Almost all homicides in this country are completed with far less then 10 rounds. In All but 4 "mass killings" the killer used pistols/conventional shotguns and not "assault weapons". Even in those cases magazine capacity had nothing to do with the number of people killed. "Assault weapons" are virtually not used in any crimes compared to all other firearms used

Explain to me why it's ok to ban a bunch of guns? How is this not a restriction on something for absolutely no reason? Why should the wasr-10 I own be banned in the form factor it's in, when no "mass shooter" has ever killed anyone in this country with one?

The whole gun debate is a joke. It comes down to the anti gun people dont have the balls to attempt to revoke the 2nd amendment, so they just regulate things they have no idea about. I don't see people arguing against any other amendments saying its "for a collective group" of people and not a "individual". They are rights of individuals on a legal basis to prevent government (more like hold them accountable when they do unconstitutional things) from doing things that amount to tyranny.

I have no desire to read a book about becoming a hit man, I do nothing wrong that would justify a warrant to have my house searched, and I will never be faced to a trial for a crime since I am law abiding. Yet in all these cases only a fool would accept "regulation, or actions against" by the government against the protections offered by the amendments, without significant proof it's constitutional and effective. Yes there are some restrictions on a individuals rights that are realized by the constitution, however all of those restrictions revolve around ACTIONS that person might due that hurt others to a significant degree. Like shouting fire in a crowded place puts others at danger.

Ownership of a firearm doesn't put anyone at danger, the actions of others put people at danger. All conventional firearms are not that significantly different when it comes to power, capacity of rounds, designs, and lethality. So once again explain as to why any restriction on any of them is both reasonable and effective? There are full auto rifles, miniguns, grenade launchers, and flame throwers in private hands in many states right now. People own tanks, helicopters, and all sorts of militar equipment. It's a matter of being able to afford it. Yet there isn't WW3 going on inside this country.

Project Broccoli 2011 TT 6MT, ICON, TOTAL CHAOS, AND MOREhttp://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...mus-prime.html
#64 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 02:45 PM
Forum Master

Also I don't care what ignorant people's goals are for passing gun control laws. It's very likely that they don't want to confiscate all guns in the country. However a few ignorant laws that are fincially impossible to get overthrown will be abused by leaders in the future.

There are millions of laws restricting what we can't do, written by the government. We have a very few laws (constitution and bill of rights) that protect us and give us the the ability to hold the government accountable. Yet the proposed gun control is a direct attack and regulation on one of the few rights we have, and it's done with no proof that it will do anything. So yes it matters, and even if you don't like guns it should matter.

Project Broccoli 2011 TT 6MT, ICON, TOTAL CHAOS, AND MOREhttp://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...mus-prime.html
#65 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Forum Veteran

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”-Ben Franklin

The 2nd Amendment is the ONLY right given to us by our creator,that specifically states "shall not infringe".

Some say that they were speaking of "the militia" and not citizens. Well, George Mason felt otherwise-"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

United States Code defines militia:

TITLE 10 - ARMED FORCES
Subtitle A - General Military Law
PART I - ORGANIZATION AND GENERAL MILITARY POWERS
CHAPTER 13 - THE MILITIA

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied
males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section
313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a
declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States
and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the
National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are -
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the
Naval Militia.

Here is a Quote from "Behold A Pale Horse" written in 1991 by William Cooper, that seems relevent in these times.

“The government encouraged the manufacture and importation of firearms for the criminals to use. This is intended to foster a feeling of insecurity, which would lead the American people to voluntarily disarm themselves by passing laws against firearms. Using drugs and hypnosis on mental patients in a process called Orion, the CIA inculcated the desire in these people to open fire on schoolyards and thus inflame the ant-igun lobby. This plan is well under way, and so far is working perfectly. The middle class is begging the government to do away with the 2nd Amendment.”

Lastly for tonight, take a couple minutes, and read this article.
The Constitution: For Times Such as These – Tenth Amendment Center
#66 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Forum Veteran

Re: Re: All gun ban and confiscation Illinois

Quote:
dorton previously said: View Post
So, you are ok with it, just because its registration? Would you be ok with registration of your free speech? What about registration of your bible, quran or other holy book?
You can't kill someone with speech, unless you are really monotone; and you can't kill someone with the Bible or the Quran unless you spent hours beating someone with one, which would give time for law enforcement to respond...

May I remind everyone that the Constitution was written over 200 years ago, and it can and should be amended to address changes in society. I'm not saying that all guns should be band, confiscated, melted down and subsequently turned into predator drones to be flown over CONUS by King Obama (may Allah bless him), but come on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#67 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
silver08FJ previously said: View Post
You can't kill someone with speech, unless you are really monotone; and you can't kill someone with the Bible or the Quran unless you spent hours beating someone with one, which would give time for law enforcement to respond...

May I remind everyone that the Constitution was written over 200 years ago, and it can and should be amended to address changes in society. I'm not saying that all guns should be band, confiscated, melted down and subsequently turned into predator drones to be flown over CONUS by King Obama (may Allah bless him), but come on.

I will not just "come on". You can make the choice to be unarmed, but don't try to force me to do the same. My thoughts are if I am trusted enough, that I can pilot a 5,000 lb missile, and buy as much volatile combustible liquids as I want, I should be able to be trusted with a semi automatic rifle. If society thinks that someone doesn't have the moral fortitude to keep from slaying someone with a firearm, then why would you trust them with a car? kitchen knife? Gasoline? Hammer? The Constitution was designed to limit the power of the government, not the governed. The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, or sporting purposes, but to protect the people from a tyrannical government. If the private citizens do not need these self defense rifles, then why do the police? They face the same criminals and threats we do, but they come around after the act has been committed. Their job is not to "protect, and serve", but to prosecute the perpetrator after the fact. This was decided by the Supreme Court in Warren v. District of Columbia. I am completely against any additional firearms regulations, we have given enough over the years, and can't give one more inch.

interesting factoid of the day:

You are 30 times more likely to die at the barrel of a law enforcement officers gun, than a mass shooting.
#68 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Forum Veteran

What tyrannical government is everyone so worried about? Really? King Obama is a generous monarch...

#69 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 864 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
silver08FJ previously said: View Post
What tyrannical government is everyone so worried about? Really? King Obama is a generous monarch...

You are a fool. There is only one King, Jesus Christ.

2013 Quicksand

Mikey previously said: "You guys are like built in forum spam........"

"We the quacks, of the FJ Cruiser Forum, shall have our badges, or lose our decorum!"

"Everything is easy after you figure out how to do it" -- Moose

"FJ Flirt":
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-fj-flirt.html

"Limb Risers":
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...flector-3.html
"2013 Quicksand and Bronze Wheels":
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ml#post2357199
#70 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 PM
"I've got more hair and I'm sexier than Old Cruiser"

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1143 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
FJ Moose previously said: View Post
You are a fool. There is only one King, Jesus Christ.
First it was Santa Claus, then the Easter Bunny, and now you just crushed me by saying there's no Burger King!? All the lies....................... I'll never be the same....

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.