Maggot - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Off-Topic Discussion This area is for discussion of off-topic related items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Maggot

What was the first thing that the Inspectors said after they saw the remains of the body which they suspect is Dorner?

Well Done

Couldn't help it. Yes I am sick and I know it.

There is no place for the blatant disregard in which he showed for life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

Quote:
ZoSoIV previously said: View Post
hell some of the left wing media thinks his a hero , like our buddies at msnbc , no wonder they have little to no people watching them lol
WTF!
Post up the links where the news media is making him a hero.

I have nothing pithy to say.

βŁύẾֱֳֳֶָָmŢ6ֳֶֻ׃
#23 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Layonnn previously said: View Post
Does anyone know what the story was with those two women who were shot by LAPD while looking for Dorner? I think that i heard another man driving a truck (not even same make, model or color) was shot because they thought it was Dorner?

This was just some vague stuff i read glancing at articles. Can anyone clarify?
I saw those articles too, Layton. Probably under the rug by now.

Quote:
Dusther previously said: View Post
What was the first thing that the Inspectors said after they saw the remains of the body which they suspect is Dorner?

Well Done

Yet it is OK that innocent bystanders were shot by police officers that were looking for him?

I will go out on a limb and say Dorner was not the only one with "blatant disregard" in this fiasco.

This whole thing stinks of something deeper. I don't want to know, because I generally respect and appreciate police officers and our societies "systems."
#24 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Celtic Cruiser

Here is one non main stream (of course) report on the wallets, yet the original sources are main stream. But, who's paying attention. So what's the deal.

Dorner and the Wallets (plural)

Published February 14, 2013. | By MichaelW.

Deranged serial killer, Christopher Dorner, may be blossoming into a cause celebre of the moronic and ill-informed, but the official manhunt leading up to his alleged death is spawning plenty of conspiracy. There’s plenty of overlap to be sure. However, one aspect of this case that spurs skepticism is that Dorner’s wallet was found in three different places: San Diego’s Lindbergh Field; the San Ysidro Point of Entry near the US-Mexico border; and in the rubble of the cabin he apparently burned to death in.

So how could this be? Cord Jefferson at the Gawker hazards a guess:

Though he botched a number of things in the course of his warpath—a bungled boat robbery, wrecking his truck and smashing its axle, etc.—Dorner seemed better prepared than most spree killers, which might explain why he had multiple wallets and multiple IDs (perhaps he was trying to throw authorities off his track). Another possibility is that press outlets made mistakes during their reporting, thus leading the public to wrongly believe that Dorner’s wallet was in three places at once.

That sort of seems plausible, except if you’re going to go through the trouble of manufacturing several ID’s and carrying several wallets, why would you have all of them bear the same name, much less your own name? Carrying an ID for “Christopher Dorner” during this manhunt would not be much of an advantage, would it?

No, the more simple explanation (also suggested by Jefferson) is that the media screwed up.

First of all, the only official mention of Dorner’s ID and wallet being found is in the criminal complaint and affidavit filed by the US Marshal Service (see paragraph 7(b)):

“Detective Anschick later found DORNER’s personal belongings, including his wallet and identification cards, near the U.S./Mexico border at the San Ysidro Point of Entry.”

Yet, according to the most recent reports from the scene of the final conflagration, after being cornered in a cabin near Big Bear Lake, California:

He never emerged from the ruins and hours later a charred body was found in the basement of the burned cabin along with a wallet and personal items, including a California driver’s license with the name Christopher Dorner, an official briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation.

Did you notice that this info was from an anonymous source? Again, the only official report about a wallet and/or ID being found is the one cited in the federal complaint.

How about the claim that his wallet was found at Lindbergh Field? Well, that seems to come from this NBC San Diego report:

An LAPD badge and a wallet with the suspect’s personal identification were discovered Thursday by an airport shuttle driver near San Diego’s Lindbergh Field.

This particular nugget of info is unsourced, and doesn’t really make much sense. Would a cop who was fired in 2008 still have a badge in 2013?

Even if he did, there is still only one official report of Dorner’s ID/wallet being found, and that’s contained in the federal complaint filed on February 7th.

Ergo, the flowering conspiracy theories are almost entirely fed with media fertilizer. Once again, our intrepid press, with its professional journalists and layers upon layers of fact checkers, have proven themselves the modern equivalent of a sewing circle.

08 SANDSTORM {Clarification} Celtic in this usage is pronounced "Keltic" refering to the European Barbarion tribe, not "Seltic" as in a basketball team.:
Gallup, New Mexico/FJ Cruiser

OME Heavy suspension, ARB air lockers front and rear, Safari snorkel, Tuffy security boxes rear and center, All -Pro: (upper A-arms, front winch bumper, and shock skids), Mile Marker 9500 winch, Custom brush guard, TRD alloy wheels, Rear scuba, OEM sliders, CB w/Bandi mount and 6 foot whip antenna.
#25 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 07:40 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Dusther previously said: View Post

Well Done

Quote:
FJoel previously said: View Post
I saw those articles too, Layton. Probably under the rug by now.

Yet it is OK that innocent bystanders were shot by police officers that were looking for him?

I will go out on a limb and say Dorner was not the only one with "blatant disregard" in this fiasco.

This whole thing stinks of something deeper. I don't want to know, because I generally respect and appreciate police officers and our societies "systems."
No it was not OK for the innocent bystanders and the actions of the Officers who did the harm should be held accountable for their actions.
#26 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Banned

in l.a. they get promotions for crap like that, look at the manifesto, he points out that one of the rodney king a holes is now a captain in charge of 200+ officers. I hope someone convinces the innocent that were shot to sue the cops in civil court too, otherwise they will get a paid vacation and the tax payers will pay up millions with no repremand to those pigs
#27 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Something way more to this story than we will ever know about. Im not saying the guy was disturbed at some level, but the Police were definitely trying to silence him. LAPD shooting up pickup trucks just because its vaguely the same color, burning down the house to get him out, and now the sheriff saying that their was no need for an investigation.... Whatever is going on they did not want him to tell the world. The police sound extremely guilty about something.

-Mark

08' Black Diamond FJ

View my build
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ml#post1145216
#28 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
DoWork previously said: View Post
Something way more to this story than we will ever know about. Im not saying the guy was disturbed at some level, but the Police were definitely trying to silence him. LAPD shooting up pickup trucks just because its vaguely the same color, burning down the house to get him out, and now the sheriff saying that their was no need for an investigation.... Whatever is going on they did not want him to tell the world. The police sound extremely guilty about something.
Yup, the media so far has refused to look at his side of the story. Read the "manifesto" as they call it. No one is looking into those allegations. Cops are apparently above the law. The Rampart scandal never ended, it continues to the day.

"The Rampart scandal refers to widespread corruption in the Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums (or CRASH) anti-gang unit of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Rampart Division in the late 1990s. More than 70 police officers either assigned to or associated with the Rampart CRASH unit were implicated in some form of misconduct, making it one of the most widespread cases of documented police misconduct in United States history. The convicted offenses include unprovoked shootings, unprovoked beatings, planting of false evidence, framing of suspects, stealing and dealing narcotics, bank robbery, perjury, and the covering up of evidence of these activities".-wikipedia
#29 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 03:10 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Layonnn previously said: View Post
Does anyone know what the story was with those two women who were shot by LAPD while looking for Dorner? I think that i heard another man driving a truck (not even same make, model or color) was shot because they thought it was Dorner?

This was just some vague stuff i read glancing at articles. Can anyone clarify?
I don't know the whole story. The officers were on the security detail, sitting in the patrol vehicle, when they saw the truck with no lights coming up behind them. Nothing was really much said after that, other than the shooting.

Given the fact the officers observed a dark colored truck coming up behind them, with no lights, gave them reasonable cause to exit their vehicle and perform a high risk stop. The key is what happended that led to the shooting. Did they give commands, or just shoot. It will be interesting to hear what led up to the actual shooting.

Mike

07 Ti Silver
mods: my own prerunner front bumper, All-Pro rear bumper, Total Chaos long travel suspension, Fox shocks, OME rear control arms, Body Armor rock sliders, Mickey Thompson Classic beadlock wheels, ProComp Xtreme M/T tires, MAF skid plate, baja light bar, All-Pro high clearance exhaust, Scuba Driver Mod

USMC 1988-1992, SEMPER FI

#30 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
mikerd400 previously said: View Post
A deputy from the San Bernardino Sheriff's Dept was killed. Dorner was spotted in the stolen vehicle by a game warden. Dorner and the game warden were involved in a shoot out. The game warden was not injured. Dorner fled into the woods and the cabin, where he shot the two deputies.

I've been an LEO in California for fourteen years. While I've worked with a couple of idiots, I've never seen any LEO just physically assault a suspect. Not to say it doesn't happen at all, but I gurantee it doesn't happen as much as some people say it does.

Given some of issues with Dorner; crying while on training, etc..., he should have never been hired. Somewhere along the hiring phase; the psychological test, oral interview, or back ground investigation, something was missed.
"He should never have been hired" sums it up. Do his claims of discrimination entitle him to kill innocents as a means of payback? I totally reject that idea in as strenuous of terms as I can! I guess if I(an Irishman) was turned down for a job that I was WAY over qualified for,(I was) because they had to meet a minority quota, gives me the right to kill people, then this society is doomed! I laughed it up at the reply that I was the wrong color, as I had come from D.C. to N.C., and had just the year before been welding on pipe at Calvert Cliffs nuclear power plant. I could write my own ticket in most places in this country, but I ran into a closed employment possibility due to not being "someones brother in law". I took a menial carpentry job ,(form), until I could save up enough money to move out of" Fayette Nam" (Fayetteville). I was not angry, but astonished! It was their loss, not mine!I guess I should have lost my mind and gone out and shot the guy who turned me down for the job, as well as his family? What a crock of horse****! I say weed out ALL the non-hackers, the same way it happens in the woods. If the predator breaks his leg and can't feed himself he dies, doesn't he? The level of competition for jobs is going to create a whole lot more of these situations, and the inability to face up to your own inadequacies, and personal failings, will NEVER be an excuse to kill those that you deem to be the source of YOUR problems. Just an old white mans rant at the direction this society seems to be heading.

<==< My mac n' cheese! In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
I would rather be tried by twelve, than carried by six.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.