#1 ·
Time for some history... Enjoy!

Attachments

See less See more
#230 ·
a recent pic of my 40 ...

Attachments

#231 ·
It's a Barn find from Giradot, Colombia. You use what you can get your hands on. It sure beats the hell out of auto parts store trailer lights that I've seen on some "correct - unrestored" $50+K examples.

Yes, definitely sweeeet! :grin Yours looks great! :cheers:

#234 ·
the barn find was likely used for what it was intended ... some of the $50k "correct - unrestored" examples are primarily garage queens ... they aren't just for looking at, they're for driving ...

thank you re mine ... it ain't perfect but it has great bones ... its a great hobby that's driven while its being brought back to some of its former glory ...

Reactions: Hannibal
#236 ·
One of the mods ought to make this a sticky.

This is about as perfectly archival as it gets.

In 30 years if this forum is still around will your truck appear? I drove several old skool Land Cruisers back in the day and the FJ is even more fun and that's saying something.

Not to mention a 60s Land Rover and 2 70s jeeps.

Back then the Jeeps (especially topless) were the most fun, the Land Cruisers were the most cool and we only went out in the Land Rover when it was its owner's turn to drive.

It was like a failed vehicle from WWII!

#237 ·
One of the mods ought to make this a sticky.

This is about as perfectly archival as it gets.

In 30 years if this forum is still around will your truck appear? I drove several old skool Land Cruisers back in the day and the FJ is even more fun and that's saying something.
This is why I post the photo's the way that I do and not use an external hosting site such as PB. I've gone to a few of the older Sticky's for info and the OP no longer comes around and has deleted his/her PB, so now the Sticky with pics is almost useless. The text helps some, if you can decipher it :lol:, but the photo is better. :thinkerg:

#238 · (Edited)
I found a few more of the Mudrack FJ45. Their website doesn't have a gallery and there's no Facebook for them that I could find.

Attachments

#239 ·
This custom extended cab FJ45's top caught my eye, specifically the lift up hatch on the back of it. Great idea! :cheers:

FYI & NO affl; Aqualu has a 6 inch extended cab 45 with matching fiberglass top. I spoke with them recently and they currently have in the prototype stage is a 12 inch ext cab (no pics yet), but they're saying no to fabbing a top for it. You'd have to get creative and chop one up and fab to fit like this guy has done. :cheers: :bigthumb:

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#242 ·
UPDATE: I just spoke with Aqualu. They made one 12" ext. cab 45 and sold it w/out taking any photographs. Any future 12" cabs will be built on custom order only.

:soapbox: If you have a store front business & install shop, an online ordering dept, you've advertised the item for sale and have a FB page, Pinterest, Instagram... why would you not take photos? SMDH :lol:

:smoker: :cheers:

Attachments

#247 ·
Sent you a PM.

#243 ·

#249 ·
Me likey! It's for sale up in Sheridan, WY and is listed on Mud.

#252 ·

#253 ·

#300 ·
This is pretty much exactly what my father drove for the first 12 years of my life. This example is in far nicer condition of course and isn't right hand drive as his was. Very confusing learning to drive on the wrong side around Big Bear CA, but all made sense a year later when we moved to the UK haha. Fond memories of that rust bucket and the smells it produced.

#254 ·

#255 ·
#258 ·
#257 · (Edited)

Attachments

#262 ·
Is that a 55 series converted to a pick-up?
:thinkerg:

#263 ·
Would that be like putting lipstick on a pig? >:D

#268 ·

Reactions: ZerosFJ and gaylonw
#269 ·
sweet!!! ... based on the rubber bumps, on the bumper, looks like a South American early 70s, fj43, but wouldn't be the 1st time I was wrong re LCs ...