TPMS Warning light staying on - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interested in the new Toyota Tundra? Stop in at the Toyota Tundra Forum @ www.tundratalk.net!
Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Background Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Chat Insurance Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Problems / Dealer Service If you are having a problem with your FJ or want to discuss a visit to the service department, post it here.

FJCruiserForums.com is the premier Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Regular

Member Number: 12358
TPMS Warning light staying on

My tpms light is staying on even though all 5 of my tires are the correct air pressure. The light is not flashing its just staying on as if it sees a low pressure in one of the tires. Has anyone figures out a hack to disable the tpms light besides electrical tape and removing the bulb from the cluster?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 15334
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: TPMS Warning light staying on

I think the black electrical tape over the display is the only hack available.

Seriously, I would try two things:
1) Disconnect the battery for around 3 minutes, to reset the ECM, or
2) Take it into the dealer and find out what's broken (it could just be one TPMS module in a tire that's bad)
'08 Titanium 4X4; AT; LD; A-Trac; Cobra CB radio & Bandi-mount mini whip; Yaesu FT-7800R HAM radio & Comet SBB7 hatch-mounted 5/8 wave antenna Call Sign: KE5WTX; Toyota extra horn mod; BajaRack Exp roof rack; 295/70/16 Hankook Dynapro MT tires; Factory off-road 16" alloys; OME 884 front coils & N140S shocks, ToyTec Medium rear coils, OME N71E rear shocks; SCUBA breather mod; Steel sway bar collars; Digger upper and lower rear links; Rasta4x4 skids; Metal Tech step sliders & front tube bumper; Hella 500's; Camping Labs RTT Future Mods: Cloaking Device, Disruptors
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Member Number: 56478

I just starting having this issue on my 2011. First cold day, light came on. In the past, this happened to my 4Runner and it was always the spare. I checked the FJ spare and it was a little off.

I verified the air pressure in all 5 tires probably six times over the last week, they are all at 36 PSI and the light still won't go out. I tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes as suggested above, no luck.

Any other tricks before I take in into the dealership? It is under warranty, just a pain to take in...

2011 Army Green Trail Team SE - Custom XPLORE Package

BFG All Terrain tires Bilstein 5100 Shocks Magnaflow Catback Exhaust Xplore interior and exterior badges ARB Front Bumper ARB Rock Sliders Garvin Wilderness Roof Rack ARB Snorkel ARB Recovery Gear ARB Camp Chairs ARB 50 QT Fridge / Freezer Warn M8000 Winch Rigid E-Series 20" Amber LED Rigid E-Series 20" & 2 10" White Combo and Mount IPF 968 Series Lights Dirty Parts Dual Battery Kit with Optima OPT-8014045 OTRATTW Switches M-PAC Springtail Rear Door and Side Rack w/Molle Pouches Amaesing Hood Blackout Whelen First Responder Strobes

XPLORE Vehicles
Old 01-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Member Number: 61245

how to disable tpms light

Post#72

Alan
- Primer at Imogene Pass 13,114'
2013 TT SE
BMC / Exp-One Rear Bumper with Swing Arm / PIAA 5190's for front, and rear bumpers / MT LT Rear Suspension with ICON 2.5 Rem Res, and lower links / ICON Extended Travel Coil Overs / TC UCA's / SCS F-5 wheels / 285/75R16 Goodyear MT/R's with Kevlar / Shrockworks Front Bumper / Warn 9.5xp / sPOD / Kenwood DNX890HD / Lots of RAAMaudio sound deadening / WickedCAS PODS / Focal PC 165's / Focal IC 690's / Arc Audio Black 10V2 / JL Audio HD900/5 / All Pro HD Sliders and Al IFS Skid Plate / ARB CKMTA12 / Rear SCUBA / RotopaX / Hella Supertones / Dirty Deeds Hi Tuck Tailpipe / FJToymanOffroad Rear Shock Skids / Redline Rear Lower Link Skids
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Buggy Building Moderator

Member Number: 19411

Quote:
alan98296 previously said: View Post
Or post 1 in that same thread? Or does that not work? Still need to get back to doing this.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Member Number: 61245

FJNewb,
I think they both will work. I don't even have my rig yet (2013 TT SE). My salesman at the dealership says it has an ETA at the dealership of 1/7/2012...THAT'S TOMORROW!!!
I ordered a Shrockworks front bumper from Justin early December. He speaks very highly of you. Congrats on becoming a moderator.

Alan
- Primer at Imogene Pass 13,114'
2013 TT SE
BMC / Exp-One Rear Bumper with Swing Arm / PIAA 5190's for front, and rear bumpers / MT LT Rear Suspension with ICON 2.5 Rem Res, and lower links / ICON Extended Travel Coil Overs / TC UCA's / SCS F-5 wheels / 285/75R16 Goodyear MT/R's with Kevlar / Shrockworks Front Bumper / Warn 9.5xp / sPOD / Kenwood DNX890HD / Lots of RAAMaudio sound deadening / WickedCAS PODS / Focal PC 165's / Focal IC 690's / Arc Audio Black 10V2 / JL Audio HD900/5 / All Pro HD Sliders and Al IFS Skid Plate / ARB CKMTA12 / Rear SCUBA / RotopaX / Hella Supertones / Dirty Deeds Hi Tuck Tailpipe / FJToymanOffroad Rear Shock Skids / Redline Rear Lower Link Skids
Old 01-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member Number: 63640

Does the tpms have a battery in it? My one of them went bad?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Buggy Building Moderator

Member Number: 19411

Quote:
alan98296 previously said: View Post
FJNewb,
I think they both will work. I don't even have my rig yet (2013 TT SE). My salesman at the dealership says it has an ETA at the dealership of 1/7/2012...THAT'S TOMORROW!!!
I ordered a Shrockworks front bumper from Justin early December. He speaks very highly of you. Congrats on becoming a moderator.
Just saw a 2013 TT today when running errands. Looks great in person . Post up pictures when it does come in!

Justin and the folks at Shrockworks make a great product with clean lines. The attention to detail is quite impressive when you look at it up close and in person. A very high quality product that I'm sure you'll be pleased with.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Member Number: 51416

I don't really know how the TPMS works but I think my buddy had his calibrated at a higher value and I am not sure why he did. He runs quite a bit more air pressure in his Nitto Trail Grapplers than I run in mine he has to, to clear the light. I am not really sure what value mine will light/clear up the indicator but I do know its less than 32 PSI. I think he is running over 40 to clear his light.

I guess thats my way of saying I would take them in and have them checked /calibrated.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 13168

Check the door jamb sticker for the correct pressure.

There was a recall or TSB that reset the pressure settings for the TPMS system.
It should have only included certain wheels/tire combinations.

Your 36 PSI may not be enough.

I was able to avoid it by not running the stock tires, so the dealership ignored the recall/TSB.

08 Sandstorm, CQ, OF, C7, CF, All Wthr Mats, TG Sliders, Extra Horn, Tundra Handles, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Springtail M-PAC HD Side Rack Kit & Combo Kit, S A Fuse Block, IPF 968, LED's under hood, extra 12v outlets, FJTOYMAN's rear shock skids, Scuba Mod, IronMan Front Coils/ToyTec Rear Coils, Adj Bilsteins, ToyTec Swaybar Relo Kit, IMP Shift & Tcase knobs, BudBuilt Skids, Demello Front Bumper, 10lb Powertank CO2 System, Expedition One Rear Bumper, Viper Max 12k Winch with Amsteel Synth Line, BajaRack, Hella Marine Flood Lights on rack, Dennx Design Rear Storage Box
TLCA #19565
GCLC #2128
http://www.fjnortheasters.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.