Everytime I see this I want it more and MORE! Living in SoCal its almost mandatory to have a sunroof.
1) would you recommend the company again that did your work?
2) Have you had any problems with water leaks?
3) Any problems with wind noise?
4) Were there any aditional options on the sun roof (i.e., controls, interior lighting, material used....)
This might be my next mod.... (and I thought I was almost done!
1) So far, yes. Did the job in just one day (6 hours) and no apparent problems w/install. Just a little excess sealant around the edges and some debris left in the car.
2) None yet, but just got the work done 4 days ago and I've been in Palm Springs where there's no rain -- just 110 heat in the shade.
FWIW, the sunroof is supposed to have a rain channel built into the frame with 4 drain tubes routed out of the car through the pillars.
3) None that weren't already there due to the roof rack. Sensitivity to noise is relative. I've heard people complain about the wind noise associated w/the roof rack on the FJ (and other vehicles). It doesn't bother me. If you have a roof rack and it already bothers you, you probably shouldn't get the sunroof, because the opening just makes the wind noise associated w/the roof rack more apparent. But, if it doesn't bother you now, it probably won't bother you after the sunroof is installed.
The only problem I have w/the sunroof is that it lets SO MUCH sun into the FJ that I sometimes have to close the sunroof to let the tinted sunroof window shade the interior -- especially in Palm Springs where I'm currently using the vent position most often, but the open sunroof was very nice during a day trip that I took to Joshua Tree NP (which was a little cooler than Palm Springs) today.
4) Just a maplight, which isn't connected w/the sunroof, but it's essential. The maplight, as installed in my FJ, lights up the entire front passenger area and it's wired the maplight to turn on and off automatically in tandem w/the OEM light. Get it!
The sunroof itself has 5 buttons -- 2 programable, 1 to fully close w/one click, 1 hold to open and 1 hold to close. The programable buttons in my FJ are set to open the vent (rear lifted) and to fully open the sunroof. The sunroof will automatically close when you turn off the ignition, unless you hit the hold to open or close buttons w/in a couple of seconds after turning off the ignition. I think these are all the features you need. No other options were offered.
Long story, short: Get the sunroof and maplight. You wont' regret it!
2008 Black Sapphire Metallic BMW 335i
2007 VooDoo Blue Toyota FJ Cruiser 6MT - Bought 04/11/14
2007 Titanium Metallic Toyota FJ Cruiser AT - SOLD 9/9/11
2006 Lance 851 Slide Out Camper
2005 Kawasaki Luster Beige (Gold) Kawasaki Concours
2002 Island Blue Ford F250 4x4 7.3L TD SC LB Lariat
2002 Absolutely Red Toyota MR2 Spyder