Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

I Spotted you in SOCAL Thread

290K views 3K replies 432 participants last post by  951hunter 
#1 ·
Since there is already an Arizona one, how about a socal one? Post the color, any options, and where you spotted another FJ and let's see if we can meet others. So far right down the street from me in Diamond Bar on Goldrush I saw a yellow fusion with black steelies and a roof rack. Anyone else?

#2 ·
I spotted a ,blue one south bound 5fwy, near majic mtn, it was just washed and my Black diamond was covered in mud.

#6 ·
I saw a voodoo blue today with alloys and a roof rack going up harbor blvd. in La Habra. My Black cherry with steelies was parked in front of LaHabra Cyclery on the curb. Whoever it was had to have seen mine parked outside the bike shop.

#13 ·
fjarch said:
Keep seeing a Voodoo Blue parked at a bldg next to where I live in Burbank. Saw a Sun Fusion going towards the studios the other day. I have a Black Diamond FJ with roof rack, rock rails and stock 17" wheels. Wave if you see me. :)
Ours look the same, and were both in the valley. Well this weekend Im getting , the stock 17" rims black powder coated , lift ( havent decided on revtek or camburg) and I have to take off my roof rack to fit, in my garage.

#14 ·
I was in SoCal for business Sun-Wed. And I saw *2* today!.

First: Titanium in the Westin South coast Plaza parking garage, at 1:15 pm. It already had CA plates installed. Since I had someone behind me in the exit lane, I didn't linger. :D

Second: Voodoo Blue, in the parking lot of South Coast Plaza, on the Bristol Ave. and Anton side. Roof Rack, UR, Tow Hitch, all dealer license plates removed.

Sandi

#16 ·
was in my Ti FJ w/RR southbound on the 5 in the fast lane with a Voodoo Blue w/RR going Northbound in Fast Lane. Sunday (4/23) abt 11am tried to wave but got no response.

T

(first one I've seen in about 5 days, went to Legoland with kids, parking attendant said he's starting to see more and more FJ's at the park, saw none that day)

#17 ·
Chatsworth 818 FJ said:
Ours look the same, and were both in the valley. Well this weekend Im getting , the stock 17" rims black powder coated , lift ( havent decided on revtek or camburg) and I have to take off my roof rack to fit, in my garage.
Yes, I am waiting to see your powder coated rims as that is probably the first thing I will do to my black diamond. I'll probably wont do any extreme upgrades until later. My girfriend did not approve of me buying this thing... it's the whole timing with the rising gas prices stuff... Im hoping she wouldnt notice the rims when I have them powder coated ;). Pls let me know which shop your going to. Is it in the valley?

#18 ·
I"ve seen two of them. One Fusion in north Lancaster and Vodoo Blue parked at a Carl's Junior in east Lancaster. You should have seen the crowd of people around the Blue FJ. There must have been 10 walking around it and taking a look. The owner had the back door open and was talking to a couple of the people

Regards,

#19 ·
I have seen 3 in LA Proper. A Diamond Black getting off of the 10 onto La Brea, A yellow one heading West on the 10 around Crenshaw, and a Red one Downtown on the 110 around 5th. It is almost like they are taunting me, mine comes in 2 weeks!!!

So when I get it, keep an eye for the Diamond Black in Mt Washington. Yee-Hah!

#20 ·
B!tchMonkey caught Blackeye in the parking lot and ran him down, that was two nearly identical Black Beauties next to each other, wish I had my camera....

#21 ·
Spotted , a Grey with a roof rack, southbound Topanga cyn. in chatsworth. 1st one Ive seen in the SFV.

The powder coating place is called "andrews powde"r coating on desoto in chatsworth or canoga park, they are good friends with TLC and spector off-road , but they said they need a week to do, I unless my tire shop will let me borrow some rims for a week, Im just going to buy powder coated steel rock crawlers.

#25 ·
To Date:

Bordeaux heading east on Roscoe in North Hollywood (waves and thumbs up exchanged)

Blue heading (south/east?...curvy intersection of several streets) on Olive in Burbank near studios.

Titanium in Santa Clarita by the Old Road

and finally, last Sunday heading west on the 210...Sun Fusion...passed it in an RV just before getting stuck behind rubber neckers fulfilling their morbid amusement fix while staring at two cars which had rolled over several hundred yards from one another on the other side of the freeway...ps, I was the guy in the gigantic RV with the sunburn (returning from the Coachella festivities).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.