Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Where to get a new windscreen in Capetown

7K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Mikevd 
#1 ·
Hello, as some of you might have seen in my "trans africa" thread we'll be arriving in Capetown in the next two weeks. We lost both our windscreens in Kenya. Can anyone recommend a experienced fitting shop in Capetown so we can have them replaced before shipping the cars to Europe (where this vehicle is not for sale)?

thanks, Jaap & Michel

#2 ·
Hi,

I'm not in Cape Town but in Johannesburg, but your best option is to get hold of either a Toyota dealer and get them to arrange the windscreen for you and tell you where it's best to fit it.
Or you can contact a PG windscreens outlet.
They are probably the most professional.
How long are you going to be in Cape Town for and where in Cape Town are you going to be?
I assume you do know that the top plastic beading needs to be replaced with the windscreen as it breaks when removed.
Let me know if you need any assistance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
We'll be in Capetown for 5 days. If you have a shop that nows what they are doing the top whitte strip should be reusable. We've allready been in contact with Toyota in capetown, but they were not very helpfull as they want to order VIN specific parts from Japan instead of simply fitting a South African spec/partno windscreen. I'll try to search for this PG windscreens

rgds, MIchel

#8 ·
PJ glass close to the Waterfront in Capetown did an excellent job aquiring and installing the last available FJ windscreen in the whole of South Afrika. In other words, don't break any windscreen for the next 3 to 4 weeks when new stock arrivés from Japan. The top moulding was also out of stock, but they managed to save my original one. The car can now enter it's shipping container hideout with clear view.......for the Netherlands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.