Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Why no wave?...

5K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Byron Lentz 
#1 ·
Ok I've noticed something recently: FJ drivers in the Tulsa area don't do "The Wave". We've all seen it, Jeep drivers do it, so why not FJ drivers? Ive flashed my lights, waved, everything except moonwalk. Nothing. I must've seen a dozen FJ's today on the streets and not one single wave back. Have we no pride? We must remedy this.

#3 ·
Clearly you need to try the moonwalk :)

#6 ·
.. i was driving my friends jeep yesterday and had 2 waves.. its different
You have to make friends for the times when you're broken down on the side of the road.

#7 ·
FJ owners don't need to wave....there is a quiet understanding between us.

Let the drivers of all the other makes wave like their village is missing them.

#8 ·
OK my observation. Its to dark inside the FJ for the other driver to see you especially if your window are tinted. Its like were in a cave with the sun on the back side of the mountain. I saw an fj the other day I point at them with a big Thumbs up outside my drivers door and got a huge wave with lots of movement back.. LOL

In fact this wave on a scale of 1-10 was a 9.5..lol

#10 · (Edited)
I drive a jeep and an FJ. Only those who are excited about their rigs, what they are doing with and to them, are excited to see others enjoying their rigs.

Most people who use them primarily as a car are not that excited, in fact they complain every time they go to the gas station and therefore don't get the whole wave thing. These people are already thinking about their next "car".

I rarely ever see a person in a stock Jeep initiate a wave, if they do I gladly reciprocate. I only wave at lifted Jeeps cause they are pretty much the only ones that get it.

Most soccer Moms driving FJ's are going to call 911 if you wave and act excited when you see them. I just look at them as future parts donors for when I mess something up USING mine.

One beautiful morning the Wife and I were on our way to Moab in the Jeep. Bikini top on, our dog and all our gear in the back. I was heading west on I-70 just after sunrise. I saw a guy in the east bound lane in a built Toyota pickup! The median must have been 100 yards wide. He threw out a big wave. He gets it.

#22 ·
I usually just toot my horn at oncoming FJs. I always do my part -- regardless of the clueless humanoid too addicted to their cell fone, not even realizing the difficult task of driving let alone considering they're in an FJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.