Hidden amp. ?? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hidden amp. ??

I want to add an amp, but want it hidden, not just under the seat. Anyone have ideas? The dash looks like there could be some room but have not taken it apart to look. Rear inside tire well area maybe? Only wanting something in the 35-50 4 channel RMS range, no sub. Want it hidden because the wife says so. Whipped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Forum Regular

Re: Hidden amp. ??

whats wrong with under the seat? imo, you are going to spend more time trying to figure out where to mount, and then the time to mount it in an obscure place...

however, you could try behind the panel where the factory sub is at...seems to be some room there, of course this is provided that you get a "small" amp
#3 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 08:23 AM

if you put the amp in the dash (if you could find room), you got to watch for heat. A lot of amps, especially the ones that aren't fan cooled will be pron to over heating in an enclosed space. If you do find room in the dash make sure you design some air flow around the amp and you can get some silent 12V fans from radio shack to help you out.
#4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

I currently have my amps under my seats but I really want to relocate them. I do water crossings and I get nervous every time. We'll see which happens first, frying my amps or relocating them?

Landy

Support these fine vendors!
TRDParts4U
Demello Offroad
Ricochet
Icon Vehicle Dynamics
#5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Banned

how big is the amp? do you have a model in mind? how much work are you willing to put into 'hidden'?
#6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Forum Master

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Check out this

Sounds system upgrade: Concealed install

2007 4X4 Titanium (Lithium) | A-TRAC | Rear Diff Lock | TRD Performance Exhaust | VSC Cancel Switch | aFe CAI & TBS | Mickey Thompson 33x12.5x17 ATZ | Demello Evil Eye Three Hoop Bumper | Demello HI-Lift Mounts | HI-Lift Jack | Demello Lightbar | Hella FF50 Driving Lights | 3" Toytec Ultimate | LR UCA | Nestor Firestik Mount | SpiderTrax 1.25" | Body Mount Chop | Short Mans seat lift | Exp-1 Swingout Rear Bumper | Trail-Gear Sliders | Aries TailLight Guards | Ellis Precision Goodies | Viair 88P Air Compressor |

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.