fjammer or not - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
fjammer or not

After reading TONS of posts about the Fjammer. I am still undecided about whether it is worth the extra money. Tomorrow I am going to talk to the dealer about the FJ that has the options that I want (or in this case I didn't want). Have they solved the problems with the power flickering, sattelite issues, sound quality etc.... I guess what I am asking is should I upgrade the stereo to the fjammer or not! The one i am looking at has the single cd player in it now. Thanks.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Forum Superstar

Send a message via AIM to thugasaur Send a message via Yahoo to thugasaur
Re: fjammer or not

i got the fjammer and i bought my fj last week and 2 days into owning it i put my old kenwood head unit in

the fjammer sounds terrible! (IMPO)

1.Chefj's Little known facts: Thugasaur tracked down, strangled, and gutted the Snuggle fabric softener bear because he once had a towel that was...well...not so soft.

"Church" V2.0
2007 Voodoo 5AT 4x4

Coming soon
rear lca , and vision x 4" halogen lights
#3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:55 PM

The FJammer is sort of weak for a head unit, aftermarket speakers make it sound a bit better, but its still a little underpowered.

I bought one because I want a stock looking system, and plan to upgrade the unit internally. If you are looking for something that sounds impressive, go with an aftermarket unit.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Forum Master

Not impressed - I have the 8 speaker Fjammer - and its just ok... Muddy sound, not very punchy. My Audi's premium 12 speaker system was amazing.

Speakers for the entire system (other than the ceiling) are planned soon.

Tires and speakers are my first goal.

FJCameron
#5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

not!
#6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 07:39 PM

If you don't care about the other upgrade package features don't bother for the FJammer. Use the $ to put in a better sound system. If not for wanting the side curtain airbags that's what I would have done.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Forum Master

Quote:
LostSailor previously said: View Post
If you don't care about the other upgrade package features don't bother for the FJammer. Use the $ to put in a better sound system. If not for wanting the side curtain airbags that's what I would have done.
Same here - I wanted the side curtains. So Canadian option C was my only choice.

FJCameron
#8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

I purchased mine with the single disc unit. Through this forum I was able to make a trade (with some money) to obtain an fjammer because I like the looks of it. I added the steering wheel controls, better speakers for around 140.00 and recently a dice ipod adaptor. I love it. I would consider not spending the extra cash and upgrade at a cheaper rate if needed.

"So ..Pretty please...with sugar on top...clean the f**king car" Pulp Fiction
#9 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
thugasaur previously said: View Post
i got the fjammer and i bought my fj last week and 2 days into owning it i put my old kenwood head unit in

the fjammer sounds terrible! (IMPO)
Quote:
slingblade previously said: View Post
After reading TONS of posts about the Fjammer. I am still undecided about whether it is worth the extra money. .
It's not the FJammer, its the speakers. I got the FJammer and the Subwoofer in a package. The head unit is fine, it's the speakers and amount of power. I'm doing a total upgrade of the system! Just gt my AVIC-D2 in today!

Voodoo Blue, 4x4, 5sp AT, CQ, GY, UR #2, C7, Z2, Roof rack, Tow Pkge, 17" Alloys, Lo Jack
Added:
Airaid CAI with Spectre High Flow filter, PIAA Extreme White headlights,
TRD Exhaust, AVIC-D2, Compustar alarm w/remote start, Focal 165 KBE, 100 KP, 165 K2P, Hifonics XX Olympus, ZX4400, XX Zeus, 2 JL Audio 10W6V2.http://www.wickedcas.com/gallery/mai.../Blue+FJ+Sean/
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...o-upgrade.html
#10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Northshore Voodoo previously said: View Post
It's not the FJammer, its the speakers. I got the FJammer and the Subwoofer in a package. The head unit is fine, it's the speakers and amount of power. I'm doing a total upgrade of the system! Just gt my AVIC-D2 in today!
Totally agree.

Pop the front 6x9s out and get a good laugh. The driver magnets about 2oz (seriously). They are simply too crappy to produce decent sound. You can put another head unit with more power in and get slightly better results. But no matter what head unit you use, if you want decent sound, you'll have to replace the speakers. And if you replace the speakers, you need more juice than the fjammer has. I chose to keep the fjammer, put an amp under the seat, and replace the speakers. The sound is excellent now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.