DIY: 2007 FJ Key Fob Swap - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
DIY: 2007 FJ Key Fob Swap

Hello, TinCan here. Today we are talking about the 07 FJ key fob swap. This is more or less a buy and swap, than a do it yourself. None the less I will explain the process.

Parts:

Toyota Key/Transmitter 89070-60B61 $174.34

The 07 FJ comes with a two part key and remote fob (See Pictures Below)
The Newer FJ's come with one piece "Banjo" key (See Pictures Below)

By checking the two FCC ID the codes are very similar and after testing them, they will work together just fine. Using the Toyota computer, I seeded the new key/fob with the 07 FJ. Done A local dealership shouldn't charge you too much to do this.

07 FCC Fob Code: HYQ12BBX
Newer Key/Fob Code: HYQ12BBT

Note: The 07 Fj does NOT have the engine immobilizer, only 08-up have that option. So don't worry about programming the immobilizer in the new key/fob.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Thanks! I need to do this. All parts were from Toyota?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

-Steve
Scout is: Titanium Metallic '07 AT 4x4, Rear Locker, A-Trac. Mods: 3" Old Man Emu lift*Metal-Tech Outpost Offroad Sliders*Amaesing Custom Hood Decal*PRGSnorkel* Oregon OHV Permit*33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs*Springtail Pet Barrier*Color Matched Grill Bezel (Badged with USCG, 2011 FJCF and NWFJCC)*Ellis Precision custom grab handles and shift knobs*Expedition One Trail Series Diamond Style front Bumper*Engo e9000 winch*Expedition One Rear Bumper w/Swingout, Industrial Forming Roll Top console cover! In the garage: Bushwacker pocket flares, SpiderTrax Wheel Spacers,, FJNewb's Scuba Mod Kit Coming soon:
TLCA #21668 Cascade Cruisers affiliation.
#3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
FJC Scout 1 previously said: View Post
Thanks! I need to do this. All parts were from Toyota?

Re-read my post. Meaning, did you get the new key at Toyota or did you order from elsewhere. Sorry, it didn't make sense after reading it.

-Steve
Scout is: Titanium Metallic '07 AT 4x4, Rear Locker, A-Trac. Mods: 3" Old Man Emu lift*Metal-Tech Outpost Offroad Sliders*Amaesing Custom Hood Decal*PRGSnorkel* Oregon OHV Permit*33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs*Springtail Pet Barrier*Color Matched Grill Bezel (Badged with USCG, 2011 FJCF and NWFJCC)*Ellis Precision custom grab handles and shift knobs*Expedition One Trail Series Diamond Style front Bumper*Engo e9000 winch*Expedition One Rear Bumper w/Swingout, Industrial Forming Roll Top console cover! In the garage: Bushwacker pocket flares, SpiderTrax Wheel Spacers,, FJNewb's Scuba Mod Kit Coming soon:
#4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)
Re: DIY: 2007 FJ Key Fob Swap

I have a Toyota acct. with my biz. EVERYTHING I use is OEM
#5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

I've been wanting to do this, but don't use dealers for ANYTHING but parts. Any software out there that can be used for the programing?

The artist formerly known as "Zeusmotorworks"
#6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)
#7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
TinCan previously said: View Post
Hello, TinCan here. Today we are talking about the 07 FJ key fob swap. This is more or less a buy and swap, than a do it yourself. None the less I will explain the process.

Parts:

Toyota Key/Transmitter 89070-60B61 $174.34

The 07 FJ comes with a two part key and remote fob (See Pictures Below)
The Newer FJ's come with one piece "Banjo" key (See Pictures Below)

By checking the two FCC ID the codes are very similar and after testing them, they will work together just fine. Using the Toyota computer, I seeded the new key/fob with the 07 FJ. Done A local dealership shouldn't charge you too much to do this.

07 FCC Fob Code: HYQ12BBX
Newer Key/Fob Code: HYQ12BBT

Note: The 07 Fj does NOT have the engine immobilizer, only 08-up have that option. So don't worry about programming the immobilizer in the new key/fob.
Programmed the FOB and replaced my remote successfully today following TinCan's instructions. Worked like a boss!! I was so hoping to eliminate that pesky remote and streamline the key ring! Thank TinCan!!

Sunny Side up!
#8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
07SunFusion previously said: View Post
Programmed the FOB and replaced my remote successfully today following TinCan's instructions. Worked like a boss!! I was so hoping to eliminate that pesky remote and streamline the key ring! Thank TinCan!!
Good to hear!

Where is TinCan anyway? I haven't seen him here for a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

-Steve
#9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Today I tried swapping to a lexus key code:hyq12bbt and did not work, could not get it programmed at first. Then realized the layout of the buttons int he lexus key are diferent then the one on the FJ. It now works!!! The panic button on the lexus is the lock button on the FJ, the lock is the panic, and the unlock is the same!

Last edited by yagua; 02-18-2014 at 07:42 AM.
#10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2014, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
07SunFusion previously said: View Post
Okay, so now you're actually using the 2008 key (with built in remote) to your 2007 FJ cruiser? How did you that? Mine says HYQ12BBX instead of HYQ12BBT. Is that the same thing for you too? Please help me out here. Thanks in advance.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.