Adding Sirius/XM tuner - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Adding Sirius/XM tuner

I have a 2010 with the FJ Jammer with an existing iPOD cable into the glove compartment. Does anyone know if the FJ Jammer has an additional 'REAR' output port for the satellite tuner or would I need to use the same ports as my iPOD (factory installed cable). I know the Sirius Connect will fit the FJ Jammer but they dont have any additional info.

I basically want to use both the Sirius/XM tuner AND my iPOD using only the rear output and not using the AUX which I currently do.

Thanks for the help!

ATXFJ2010

2010 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Iceberg |ARB Front Bumper w/light Kit | PXA 7089 Black Wheels w/ BFG AT's | Black TT Grill | Daystar level kit | OEM Side rails | 'Onyx' XM receiver | Done until next tax refund & bonus |
Austin, TX

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Supporting Member
Quote:
ATXFJ2010 previously said: View Post
I have a 2010 with the FJ Jammer with an existing iPOD cable into the glove compartment. Does anyone know if the FJ Jammer has an additional 'REAR' output port for the satellite tuner or would I need to use the same ports as my iPOD (factory installed cable). I know the Sirius Connect will fit the FJ Jammer but they dont have any additional info.

I basically want to use both the Sirius/XM tuner AND my iPOD using only the rear output and not using the AUX which I currently do.

Thanks for the help!
I just pulled my fjammer out last night and there are no connectors other than RCAs and am/fm antenna hookups. I bought a Kenwood Excelon x395 with Sirius tuner and adaptor for $130 after $50 rebate from Crutchfield. No more wires across the dash and ill be able to control everything from the new deck

• 2007 Voodoo 6MT
  • AllPro Walker Evans lift
  • AllPro Uniball UCAs
  • Allpro Rear Lower Links
  • Allpro Roof Rack
  • LCNW Front Tube Bumper
  • LCNW Rear Tube Bumper
  • Warn 9.5 TI Winch with Syn Line
  • Stealth Custom Series Matte Bronze Wheels
  • 285 70 17 Duratracs
  • URD 6MT Quickshifter
#3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 03:43 PM

Re: Adding Sirius/XM tuner

Quote:
ATXFJ2010 previously said: View Post

Thanks for the help!
im interested in additional info on this as well...i want to buy an ipod interface ( dont know which brand yet) and i would like to hook up a satellite radio to the interfaces aux port as well to get the best sound quality....anyone have an experience?! is this possible to run both ipod/sirius xm together?!

2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4
3" Rough Country Lift
Rancho Shocks all around.
285/70/17 BFG KM2's.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Supporting Member
Quote:
jb_1930 previously said: View Post
im interested in additional info on this as well...i want to buy an ipod interface ( dont know which brand yet) and i would like to hook up a satellite radio to the interfaces aux port as well to get the best sound quality....anyone have an experience?! is this possible to run both ipod/sirius xm together?!
I just bought a Kenwood deck with a Sirius kit and there is an accessory from kenwood to hard wire other inputs like ipod, cd changer, etc.

I assume having a deck with a built in USB input will blow away the sound quality of an add-on USB to your stock stereo.

• 2007 Voodoo 6MT
  • AllPro Walker Evans lift
  • AllPro Uniball UCAs
  • Allpro Rear Lower Links
  • Allpro Roof Rack
  • LCNW Front Tube Bumper
  • LCNW Rear Tube Bumper
  • Warn 9.5 TI Winch with Syn Line
  • Stealth Custom Series Matte Bronze Wheels
  • 285 70 17 Duratracs
  • URD 6MT Quickshifter
#5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

I also have a Kenwood DDX719, so can I tap into the existing XM/Sirius antenna mounted to the rear?

Iceberg 2011 FJC

Build Thread:
The White Sherpa

Amsoil for all Fluids
CactusMotorsLLC

#6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:04 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I was sad that we don't have Sat radio in this part of the world, until i discovered internet radio...
#7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Smalldog previously said: View Post
I just pulled my fjammer out last night and there are no connectors other than RCAs and am/fm antenna hookups. I bought a Kenwood Excelon x395 with Sirius tuner and adaptor for $130 after $50 rebate from Crutchfield. No more wires across the dash and ill be able to control everything from the new deck
Thanks...I chatted with someone from Crutchfield and they found something that would work with the FJ Jammer.
  • Peripheral Gateway for Satelli 04-Up Lexus 05-Up Scion 06-Up Toyota
  • SiriusConnect SC-C1 Universal Vehicle Tuner
Hopefully this will work around the existing iPOD connector but if not it's easier to use the AUX port for an iPOD than the satellite radio (I have an Onyx receiver there now but want a cleaner look and to free up that mount space)
Luckily, Crutchfield supplies an pretty detailed installation 'how to' with all those hidden screws I miss

ATXFJ2010

2010 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Iceberg |ARB Front Bumper w/light Kit | PXA 7089 Black Wheels w/ BFG AT's | Black TT Grill | Daystar level kit | OEM Side rails | 'Onyx' XM receiver | Done until next tax refund & bonus |
Austin, TX

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.