Adding Sirius/XM tuner - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interested in the new Toyota Tundra? Stop in at the Toyota Tundra Forum @ www.tundratalk.net!
Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Background Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Chat Insurance Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

FJCruiserForums.com is the premier Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Regular
 
ATXFJ2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member Number: 38430
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 115
Lifetime Supporting Member
Adding Sirius/XM tuner

I have a 2010 with the FJ Jammer with an existing iPOD cable into the glove compartment. Does anyone know if the FJ Jammer has an additional 'REAR' output port for the satellite tuner or would I need to use the same ports as my iPOD (factory installed cable). I know the Sirius Connect will fit the FJ Jammer but they dont have any additional info.

I basically want to use both the Sirius/XM tuner AND my iPOD using only the rear output and not using the AUX which I currently do.


Thanks for the help!
__________________
ATXFJ2010

2010 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Iceberg |ARB Front Bumper w/light Kit | PXA 7089 Black Wheels w/ BFG AT's | Black TT Grill | Daystar level kit | OEM Side rails | 'Onyx' XM receiver | Done until next tax refund & bonus |
Austin, TX

ATXFJ2010 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Superstar
 
Smalldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Member Number: 54049
Location: Sandy, UT
Posts: 8,686
Blog Entries: 1
Supporting Member
Quote:
ATXFJ2010 previously said: View Post
I have a 2010 with the FJ Jammer with an existing iPOD cable into the glove compartment. Does anyone know if the FJ Jammer has an additional 'REAR' output port for the satellite tuner or would I need to use the same ports as my iPOD (factory installed cable). I know the Sirius Connect will fit the FJ Jammer but they dont have any additional info.

I basically want to use both the Sirius/XM tuner AND my iPOD using only the rear output and not using the AUX which I currently do.


Thanks for the help!
I just pulled my fjammer out last night and there are no connectors other than RCAs and am/fm antenna hookups. I bought a Kenwood Excelon x395 with Sirius tuner and adaptor for $130 after $50 rebate from Crutchfield. No more wires across the dash and ill be able to control everything from the new deck
__________________
  • 2007 Voodoo 6MT
  • AllPro Walker Evans lift
  • AllPro Uniball UCAs
  • Allpro Rear Lower Links
  • Allpro Roof Rack
  • LCNW Front Tube Bumper
  • LCNW Rear Tube Bumper
  • Warn 9.5 TI Winch with Syn Line
  • 285 70 17 Duratracs
  • URD 6MT Quickshifter
Smalldog is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
jb_1930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Member Number: 47867
Location: san antonio, texas
Posts: 18
Re: Adding Sirius/XM tuner

Quote:
ATXFJ2010 previously said: View Post
I have a 2010 with the FJ Jammer with an existing iPOD cable into the glove compartment. Does anyone know if the FJ Jammer has an additional 'REAR' output port for the satellite tuner or would I need to use the same ports as my iPOD (factory installed cable). I know the Sirius Connect will fit the FJ Jammer but they dont have any additional info.

I basically want to use both the Sirius/XM tuner AND my iPOD using only the rear output and not using the AUX which I currently do.


Thanks for the help!
im interested in additional info on this as well...i want to buy an ipod interface ( dont know which brand yet) and i would like to hook up a satellite radio to the interfaces aux port as well to get the best sound quality....anyone have an experience?! is this possible to run both ipod/sirius xm together?!
__________________
2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4
3" Rough Country Lift
Rancho Shocks all around.
285/70/17 BFG KM2's.
jb_1930 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Superstar
 
Smalldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Member Number: 54049
Location: Sandy, UT
Posts: 8,686
Blog Entries: 1
Supporting Member
Quote:
jb_1930 previously said: View Post
im interested in additional info on this as well...i want to buy an ipod interface ( dont know which brand yet) and i would like to hook up a satellite radio to the interfaces aux port as well to get the best sound quality....anyone have an experience?! is this possible to run both ipod/sirius xm together?!
I just bought a Kenwood deck with a Sirius kit and there is an accessory from kenwood to hard wire other inputs like ipod, cd changer, etc.

I assume having a deck with a built in USB input will blow away the sound quality of an add-on USB to your stock stereo.
__________________
  • 2007 Voodoo 6MT
  • AllPro Walker Evans lift
  • AllPro Uniball UCAs
  • Allpro Rear Lower Links
  • Allpro Roof Rack
  • LCNW Front Tube Bumper
  • LCNW Rear Tube Bumper
  • Warn 9.5 TI Winch with Syn Line
  • 285 70 17 Duratracs
  • URD 6MT Quickshifter
Smalldog is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Master
 
AZFJ25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Member Number: 41982
Location: 34.170908,-112.38018
Posts: 1,450
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Adding Sirius/XM tuner

I also have a Kenwood DDX719, so can I tap into the existing XM/Sirius antenna mounted to the rear?
__________________
Iceberg 2011 FJC

Build Thread:
The White Sherpa

Amsoil for all Fluids
CactusMotorsLLC

AZFJ25 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2012, 03:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Veteran
 
Gromov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Member Number: 46581
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Posts: 776
Re: Adding Sirius/XM tuner

I was sad that we don't have Sat radio in this part of the world, until i discovered internet radio...
Gromov is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Regular
 
ATXFJ2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Member Number: 38430
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 115
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Adding Sirius/XM tuner

Quote:
Smalldog previously said: View Post
I just pulled my fjammer out last night and there are no connectors other than RCAs and am/fm antenna hookups. I bought a Kenwood Excelon x395 with Sirius tuner and adaptor for $130 after $50 rebate from Crutchfield. No more wires across the dash and ill be able to control everything from the new deck
Thanks...I chatted with someone from Crutchfield and they found something that would work with the FJ Jammer.
  • Peripheral Gateway for Satelli 04-Up Lexus 05-Up Scion 06-Up Toyota
  • SiriusConnect SC-C1 Universal Vehicle Tuner
Hopefully this will work around the existing iPOD connector but if not it's easier to use the AUX port for an iPOD than the satellite radio (I have an Onyx receiver there now but want a cleaner look and to free up that mount space)
Luckily, Crutchfield supplies an pretty detailed installation 'how to' with all those hidden screws I miss
__________________
ATXFJ2010

2010 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Iceberg |ARB Front Bumper w/light Kit | PXA 7089 Black Wheels w/ BFG AT's | Black TT Grill | Daystar level kit | OEM Side rails | 'Onyx' XM receiver | Done until next tax refund & bonus |
Austin, TX

ATXFJ2010 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.