Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Fiberglass A Pillar by Golf Echo with Focal 165 KRX3 3 way component speakers

26K views 93 replies 32 participants last post by  Rump 
#1 · (Edited)
i had Golf Echo make these A Pillars for me the the quality of work is amazing ,thought i would pass on the info of how to do a set of 3 way component speaker correctly the sound quality/imaging is out of this world!! Focal 165 KRX3 3 way component speakers

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
Those look good.

Reactions: ZoSoIV
#3 ·
i had Golf Echo make these A Pillars for me the the quality of work is amazing though i would pass on the info of how to do a set of 3 way component speaker correctly the sound quality/imaging is out of this world!! Focal 165 KRX3 3 way component speakers

its craftsmanship is amazing and his level of detail is unreal... congratulations on a great piece

#7 ·
I'm glad to see he is still turning out great work. I still get compliments on my carbon fiber A-pillars that he did!

Nice looking indeed!

#14 ·
Wow, every panel I see has that typical "bubble" look to it that all fiberglass panels usually have, but that looks 100% factory in shape.

Congratulations on that piece, when the funds come along one day maybe I can get him to make me a piece if he has time.

#15 ·
a 3 way component system is a different animal and has to be set-up correctly or its not worth doing, there is no room for much error or it ends up sounding like garbage, the right gear/amps/sound deadening etc. placement on the 3 way components are VERY critical

#16 ·
I'm in comms with Golf Echo to build a set of pillars like yours for a pair of MB Quarts QSD 210 tweeters and mids. I see your midrange mount rises up a bit in the back. Is that to level the mids with the tweeters or are the mids angled more toward you in those pillars? Thank you :wave: !

#20 ·
Those look great. Did you test out the angles (pointed towards window etc) to see what sounded best before you decided on having them flush?

the angle on the mids makes them flush/straight from top to bottom and front to back (+) looking at it from the divers seat there is just a very slight angle in towards the driver, the tweeters are angled in just a bit

#22 ·
Those are one of the most professional, oem-looking mods I have seen, speakers or otherwise.... as if it came from the factory that way. What's the cost if you don't mind sharing?

#24 ·
Yea, because I know the speakers must have cost a small fortune;) maybe I can afford just the pillars :jester:

Reactions: FJCrump
#26 ·
Hahaha I wouldn't have guessed that much on the speakers lol but I know music is your passion.

That sounds super fair on the pillars.

So can I use that setup, or any variation with an aftermarket HU and an Amp but much more simplified and inexpensive? Or go big only?

#27 ·
yes with a 3 way component speaker set-up it would work (not all 3 ways componet system are that costly) , otherwise with a 2 way components or full range speakers you would need to go a different direction and would not need the custom A Pillars

#28 ·
Ok, is there an exact component system bang for the budget you recommend? I listen to a lot of the same music as you..

#29 ·
#30 ·
Not too bad in the wallet with all those speakers included! I like the looks if the 165s. Do I need any other custom enclosures for the other mounting locations for the rest of the speakers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.