Amp location - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interested in the new Toyota Tundra? Stop in at the Toyota Tundra Forum @ www.tundratalk.net!
Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Background Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Chat Insurance Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

FJCruiserForums.com is the premier Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Regular

Member Number: 12552
Amp location

Just curious where people have mounted their amps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2007, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Regular

Re: Amp location

Pic's would be sweet! If you gotem.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Member Number: 2788

I have one Memphis amp mounted on the back of the rear seat and an Alpine amp where the stock amp/woofer was located.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Regular

I did not get the subwoofer option where was the factory amp located? Also how do you like your alpine amp?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Master

Member Number: 7024
Send a message via AIM to rich_4

check the link in my sig to see how I put my amp on the back of the rear seat..

but others have put them just about everywhere..

under the front seats...
in the cargo area on the side..
and (forget his forum name) has the sweetest audio setup around..has 3 amps in the headliner.

2009 Tundra. 5.7 Double Cab 4x4. Classic Chambered Powersticks - true duals.
2006 IS350. Slammed. Greddy. Fujita. ACE. Eibach. - Sold
2007 FJ. Expedition One. Rough Country 6". Dick Cepek 35's. TRD. All-Pro. PIAA. BudBuilt. Cobra. JL Audio. Superwinch. - Sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Regular

Rich a couple of questions where did you get your box? how much was it and also what type of lift did you put on your ride I like it.

Thanks Bappy
Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 7204

mine sit in a rack with a two shelves. being 24"x9", its hard to put them anywhere else. the rack sits on the cargo area floor under the box. under the seat is ok, but its also a good area for spills and to be kicked and it also accumulates a lot of dust, grime, dirt, etc... i dont like on the back of the rear seat because i dont like to screw into plastic panels. and also, i like a more stationary location. if you fold the seats down a lot, its just a matter of time before something comes loose whether it be a connection or the amp itself. to mount on the side it takes some thought and time to fab up the bracketry. location depends on the size of amp and number of amps.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Member Number: 11515
Lifetime Supporting Member

Briman... do you have a website...

Quote:
Briman42487 previously said: View Post
mine sit in a rack with a two shelves. being 24"x9", its hard to put them anywhere else. the rack sits on the cargo area floor under the box. under the seat is ok, but its also a good area for spills and to be kicked and it also accumulates a lot of dust, grime, dirt, etc... i dont like on the back of the rear seat because i dont like to screw into plastic panels. and also, i like a more stationary location. if you fold the seats down a lot, its just a matter of time before something comes loose whether it be a connection or the amp itself. to mount on the side it takes some thought and time to fab up the bracketry. location depends on the size of amp and number of amps.

ARB RR, UPG-1, OME H_Frt/M_Rear, Front Body Mount Mod, ProComp 1069's, TOYO MT 295/70/17's, TRD Exhaust, AFE Cold Air Intake, Demello Sliders, BUD BUILT SKIDS
more to Follow...

Old 08-01-2007, 08:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 8667
Lifetime Supporting Member

Got this idea from someone else on this forum. I liked it alot that i did the same. It's pretty simple. had to make a bracket to mount the amp. again simple and clean.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 7204

Quote:
RAAK_FJ previously said: View Post
Briman... do you have a website...
nope, check back though when i have my own shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.