Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Good deal on Infinity speakers

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  PhoS 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I just found a pretty decent deal on Infinity speakers for my FJ.

Crutchfield is running basically "buy one pair, get one free" on most, if not all of their Infinity line. Free shipping and wiring harness adapters and brackets for the doors are included as always.

And yes, it let me buy different sizes for the dash and front doors. I ordered the Reference series; I'll let you know how they sound on the FJammer. Should be here in a few days!

Figured I would pass it along.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R6502IX/Infinity-Reference-X-REF-6502ix.html?tp=105
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R3002CX/Infinity-Reference-X-REF-3002cfx.html?tp=105

#2 ·
Hey all, I just found a pretty decent deal on Infinity speakers for my FJ.

Crutchfield is running basically "buy one pair, get one free" on most, if not all of their Infinity line. Free shipping and wiring harness adapters and brackets for the doors are included as always.

And yes, it let me buy different sizes for the dash and front doors. I ordered the Reference series; I'll let you know how they sound on the FJammer. Should be here in a few days!

Figured I would pass it along.

Infinity Reference X REF-6502ix 6-3/4" 2-way car speakers — also fit 6-1/2" openings at Crutchfield.com
Infinity Reference X REF-3002cfx 3-1/2" 2-way speakers at Crutchfield.com

You might to call them and ask why these are $20.00 less?

Infinity Primus PR6502is 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers ? also fit 6-3/4" openings at Crutchfield.com

If the link does not work reselect your FJ and scroll to the second page is where I found them for $99.99
Thanks for posting this I might get them for mine.

#3 ·
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference between the Primus and Reference. I did notice the Reference has a larger tweeter; I'm hoping it will have a smoother sound, as I don't care for piercing highs.

I used to sell home audio gear a long time ago, and the Primus line was the entry level for Infinity. They sounded good, but compared to the higher lines, little details weren't as well done, like cheaper spring clip terminals instead of binding posts, lighter cabinet, etc...of course, that may not translate to car speakers.

I've installed Reference series coaxials in another vehicle and was impressed with the sound. Plus the fact that the 3.5s only seemed available in the Reference line made it an easy choice for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.