Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Factory Alarm??

14K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Adze 
#1 ·
I have an 07 and trying to figure out if I have a factory alarm or not. It has a panic button on the remote but not sure if that also means it has an alarm. How can I know for sure?

Thanks!!

#2 ·
I don't believe it has an alarm it just has a antitheft system which disables the engine from starting without the proper key. On the 2007 I think there may be no anti theft system at all. I have an 08 and the key has a chip in it that's programmed to the my FJ.

#7 ·
This is correct. i have an '07 and installed the factory alarm myself shortly after purchase. Look for the button shown in the picture - it's used to disable to motion sensor so you can lock the door with your kids/dog inside without them setting off the alarm.

#5 ·
My suggestion would be to roll down the driver side window. Lock the doors via the key fob. Reach inside the window and open the door. Did the horn start blasting? If so, I would think that you have an alarm system. If not, then perhaps it is just a key-less entry system.

#6 ·
Exactly what he said ^^^

The PANIC button has to be held down for about 2 seconds if you want to try that out.

#8 ·
When I lock my doors the alarm also arms. For the first few mins, a little red light on the air bag on/off window blinks fast. Once armed the blinks slow down. My stock alarm also has a radar system. So to test it, I can roll my windows down, arm the truck, and wave my arms inside the pass side window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.