OEM Subwoofer request - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Stereo / Electronics / Electrical If you have a topic that deals with the electronic components, stereo, etc. then post it in here.

4Likes
  • 1 Post By djsupanova1
  • 1 Post By djsupanova1
  • 1 Post By smoking_rubber
  • 1 Post By Cholerabob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
OEM Subwoofer request

I have looked through a quite a few posts on the subwoofer option for the truck on here and all I seem to find is guys who tell you how they modified theirs and slam the factory setup. I'm an OEM guy. I want all of my car to be as 100% OEM as possible.

So my question is...
Does anybody have all of the part numbers for the factory sub option? Also, what parts, if any changed from the early build 2007-2009, to 2010-2014? I'm currently adding the option but need the wiring harness that goes from the enclosure to the plug mounted on the top of the wheelwell. I would also like to know if there is anything except the unit itself, console button and wiring harness that I may be missing. I would like a confirmation of the part number for the fascia I have to replace that covers the wheelwell electronics (I have the tray style cover that comes with non sub FJ's obviously). I believe I already found out, but I'd like the hard number that is imprinted in the plastic.

I want to point out that The sub box I got is off a 2012. As I mentioned above, I have a 2007. What differences am I going to encounter, If any?

I would appreciate any pictures of YOUR OEM setup as well.

Please, if you want to reply with information about anything NOT OEM, don't waste your time, EVERY other post about the Subwoofer option already does this and you can just add to those threads. In other words, Don't be a dick

Thanks in Advance!
Jeffrey Clyde Wood likes this.

Last edited by djsupanova1; 03-12-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: OEM Subwoofer request

The 2012 Sub wiring is not compatible with my 2007. I went to the dealer. The guy behind the desk said if I had the earlier model sub, it would be just about plug and play. The one I have has the amp built into it, but two harnesses coming out (there is only one one connector mounted to the wheel well).

Can anybody confirm that this wheel well connector is for the older style sub? If you could remove the trim piece under the sub, and take some pics, I'd love to see them!

Thank You very much.

Last edited by Hannibal; 03-20-2017 at 03:03 PM. Reason: edited for content
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 12:58 PM

I want to just do the same thing your talking about, mine should be easy. I have a 2007turdblkdiamond....getting all the part's together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 01:18 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

It's a waiting game. I'm sure someone will upgrade their 07 system and you can get the oem off them. Plan on replacing the speaker though cuz any you find will have 10 years of abuse on it.

2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Black
AT 4x4 w/ CRAWL. Kenwood eXcelon HU w/German Maestro Sound "Life is a beach"

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered." George Best
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 02:56 PM

I believe you have the newer JBL Sub. The older model is the one that will plug & play, no name brand.....other than Japan?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 06:24 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

I have the sub and switch for 50$ from a 2009 ( pug and play )if you ever come up to Montreal...

OME lift Kit, Metal Tech Rear Long Travel, Camburgs Balljoint UCAs, Full Ricochet Skid Plates, All Pro Sliders, Metal Tech Offset LCAs , Luna Dual Battery, Cooper STT PRo 35s on 16' Mickey Thompson Classic Baja Locks, FJToyman Shock Skids, Total Chaos lower link Skids, Boztec Dif Skid, Exp1 front Diamond Bumper, Exp1 Rear Bumper with Carrier, Viper winch, Ricochet Lighted Air Dam
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 04:43 PM

Take off...HOsier? I'm jumping on my H-D right now, and enroute to yer country!!! lol

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Stereo / Electronics / Electrical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.