ICON Squeak? - Page 6 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

View Poll Results: Do your ICON's squeak?
Yes 43 46.74%
No 49 53.26%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#51 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Re: ICON Squeak?

Quote:
football751 previously said: View Post
ISpraying some white lithium grease (I think that's what I use, I'll have to double check) on the shafts gets rid of the squeak until the truck sits for a while again.
Yea I sprayed mine with a teflon lubricant I think. About once every 2 weeks or so OR after a rain.

'08 Black Diamond 4x4 AT - Traded-in
'11 Black 4x4 AT

Here is My Build

TMTC # 15994
TLCA # 21696
Louisiana Land Krewesers
NRA member - Proud Gun Owner!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#52 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 95 Post(s)

I have the Stage 1 extended travel. No squeaking. Screams from the back seat occasionally, but no squeaking.

Black 2010 w/ Offroad & Convenience Packages. TLCA # 21403. Louisiana Land Krewesers. Thanks to Friends for Help!

Icon. Light Racing. All-Pro. Goodyear MT/R. XD-125. BajaRack. Springtail M-PAC. Body Armor. Expedition One. Rugged Ridge. BudBuilt. Richochet. Toy Outfitters. PIAA. Flowmaster. TRD. Demello. Rigid. FourTreks.
#53 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
willinno previously said: View Post
Screams from the back seat occasionally, but no squeaking.

'08 Black Diamond 4x4 AT - Traded-in
'11 Black 4x4 AT

Here is My Build

TMTC # 15994
TLCA # 21696
Louisiana Land Krewesers
NRA member - Proud Gun Owner!
#54 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So the rear shock itself can squeak?

I installed a Stage 2 (tubular UCA's) kit back in November. One day in December I was driving in the rain and I got a squeak in the drivers side front. It went away when it dried up. I had to assume it was the UCA bushing, so I relubed the bushing. My FJ isn't a daily driver and it hasn't been raining much here, so I haven't had the chance to try it in the rain again.

I went on a 2500 mile trip in January to the desert and I started to notice a squeak in the rear drivers side. But only for a few minutes after I start driving. If it sits for say 30 minutes or longer, I get a squeak after I start rolling. Then it goes away. As long as I keep moving, it's quiet. I conjectured that something get's cold and then warms up, but I guess if the shock itself can squeak, it could the shock.

Does this sound right? I've got some tri-flow and I guess I can try lubing the piston.
#55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 02:26 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I've got extended travel coilovers and tubular UCA's and mine squeak bad. I've tried putting tri-flow on the uniball, and that seems to somewhat help...momentarily, but mine are very audible, especially when going over speed bumps. My swaybar also contacts my skids now from the swaybar relocation brakets, so everytime I reverse and turn, I hear a popping. Oh well, it's an offroad rig, and I freaking love my icons otherwise.

'07 5AT 4x4 BC:
Icon Ext. Travel Coilovers, Icon 2" Rear Springs, Icon 2.0 V.S. Rear Shocks, Icon Tubular UCA's, Granite Ga9's 17x8, Nitto Trail Grapplers 295/70/r17, Demello Single Hoop Front, All-Pro Rear, All-Pro Sliders, All-Pro IFS Skid, Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch, 20" KC LZR LED Bar, Rigid Dually Amber Floods, CCFL Halo Projectors, 50w 5000k TRS HID's, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Volant CAI, Kenwood DNX9980, 1.25" Spidertraxx, BMC.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.