Bilstein 5100 level poll - Page 8 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

View Poll Results: Who is nose up, nose down or level?
Nose Up 19 18.10%
Nose down 26 24.76%
Level 60 57.14%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#71 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Bilstein 5100 level poll

Just got back from shop...front now within 1/8"! Remember, stock driver spring has extra coil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#72 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 AM
Forum Regular

i hAVE THEM WITH METAL TEC BUMPERS ON 3 NOTCH WITH STOCK SPRINGS PERFECT.

07 fjc (Blue Jay) , and toyota custom buggy ,
#73 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 AM

I'm lower in the rear by about 1.5 inches going on 2 years. Thinking about the 1/2 inch spacers in the rear.... thoughts
#74 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to iwashmycar

No harm in that. I am guessing you are on the 4th notch? I was thinking about going to the 4th notch and buying the rear Daystar spacers for ~$40 and putting them in.

I am apprehensive because that plan would mean I would try and adjust the front perches ON the truck with compressors. Not sure how easily stock coils compress, or if I could get enough room to slide the perch up and move the retaining clips? I did not really want to take them off the truck....

-Adam '07 Black Diamond 4WD AT UR

Bilstein 5100s | Superflex springs | ProComp ES9000 | LR UCAs | LT285/75r16 Terra Grapplers - Offroad wheels | Westin 55W 6" lights
TG Sliders | Ricochet Armor | Rocktek Link Armor | UltraGauge | Husky Liners | Midlands 75-822 - 3' Firestik - Boztec mount
Ellis Precision Shift knobs - handles | Discovery Overhead Console. w/ GPS | Lots of Fluid Film underneath | Scuba Mod

In VA? 757TOYOTA4x4
#75 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

When i purchased my rig it already had the 5100s on front, oem coils. Stock on back. It sat level at 3rd notch. Then i added demello single hoop bumper and winch and ricochet 3 piece skids and it sagged a bit. I had it moved to 4th notch and now it sits about 1" high in front. Doesnt bother me and cvs are just slightly off level. Should be ok right?

But even at 4th notch it looks like ive still killed my clearance. Seems low to ground on front from before. I know its just my eye and the skids but wondering what to do to get it level and a bit higher w/out too much xtra pressure and wear on the cvs?

Seems like i should just add the tt coils on front and 1.25" rear spacers. Would that give me a bit more height and level?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

'11 AG FJ Cruiser AT | ToyTec 3" Lift | Procomp 7069 16x8 Wheels | Toyo Open Country MT 305/70/r16 Tires | DO Single Hoop Bumper & Warn 8000s Winch | Ricochet Skids & Bash Plate | Jasper 20" Led Light Bar Combo | MPAC

Last edited by RogueFJ; 01-17-2013 at 08:01 PM.
#76 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 05:48 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to iwashmycar

Quote:
RogueFJ previously said: View Post
When i purchased my rig it already had the 5100s on front, oem coils. Stock on back. It sat level at 3rd notch. Then i added demello single hoop bumper and winch and ricochet 3 piece skids and it sagged a bit. I had it moved to 4th notch and now it sits about 1" high in front. Doesnt bother me and cvs are just slightly off level. Should be ok right?

But even at 4th notch it looks like ive still killed my clearance. Seems low to ground on front from before. I know its just my eye and the skids but wondering what to do to get it level and a bit higher w/out too much xtra pressure and wear on the cvs?

Seems like i should just add the tt coils on front and 1.25" rear spacers. Would that give me a bit more height and level?

You need to add some actual lift coils probably. Like OME or something, with the 5100s probably set on the zero notch. Use the springs to lift instead and hold all that extra weight. 5100s alone are not good for the weight!. Rear spacers would still be fine to level it out, but you may want to look at new springs all around. I dont think TT coils are any different :shrug:

-Adam '07 Black Diamond 4WD AT UR

Bilstein 5100s | Superflex springs | ProComp ES9000 | LR UCAs | LT285/75r16 Terra Grapplers - Offroad wheels | Westin 55W 6" lights
TG Sliders | Ricochet Armor | Rocktek Link Armor | UltraGauge | Husky Liners | Midlands 75-822 - 3' Firestik - Boztec mount
Ellis Precision Shift knobs - handles | Discovery Overhead Console. w/ GPS | Lots of Fluid Film underneath | Scuba Mod

In VA? 757TOYOTA4x4
#77 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 07:13 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Re: Bilstein 5100 level poll

Quote:
iwashmycar previously said: View Post
You need to add some actual lift coils probably. Like OME or something, with the 5100s probably set on the zero notch. Use the springs to lift instead and hold all that extra weight. 5100s alone are not good for the weight!. Rear spacers would still be fine to level it out, but you may want to look at new springs all around. I dont think TT coils are any different :shrug:
I hear ya. Ive thought the same thing. Id like to make it more stable too and i know proper coils will help that. Do u happen to know or have a link to the long ome coils id need? I was thinking tt coils so i could still adjust if needed.

'11 AG FJ Cruiser AT | ToyTec 3" Lift | Procomp 7069 16x8 Wheels | Toyo Open Country MT 305/70/r16 Tires | DO Single Hoop Bumper & Warn 8000s Winch | Ricochet Skids & Bash Plate | Jasper 20" Led Light Bar Combo | MPAC
#78 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Bilstein 5100 level poll

Just order the BIL24-186711 for my 2007 fj !!! Hope dealer will install them Thursday. 228.00 for shocks front only and 240.00 for installing plus getting it aligned somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

'07 Titanium - Locker/A-Trac, BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2, L.E.D. Dome lights, Midland C.B., Bandi Mount with Firestix, Gogi Rack Ladder, Fire Extinguisher mod, Flashlight mod, Driving lights under lower grille, bilstien 4600 shocks in rear and bilstien 5100 adjustable shocks in front, leveled now,steelies, all pro sliders

TLCA #21300
#79 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 08:02 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Bilstein 5100 level poll

Got the shocks and measured my height around before getting it installed

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

'07 Titanium - Locker/A-Trac, BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2, L.E.D. Dome lights, Midland C.B., Bandi Mount with Firestix, Gogi Rack Ladder, Fire Extinguisher mod, Flashlight mod, Driving lights under lower grille, bilstien 4600 shocks in rear and bilstien 5100 adjustable shocks in front, leveled now,steelies, all pro sliders

TLCA #21300
#80 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 PM

Thought I'd follow back up w/ a post of my news tires and wheels. 5100's on the 3rd notch up front, 5100's w/ the stock coils in the rear. ProComp 7089s w/ BFG AT KO 275/70-17s. No rubbing on the body mount, but it's damn close. Sorry it's a little dark, was cloudy today. I'll try to get some brighter pics.

2013 4x4 AT Iceberg. Bilstein 5100s front/rear. 3rd notch front, stock rear springs. Demello round sliders. ProComp 7089 w/ 275/70-17 BFG AT KOs.

Last edited by speedwater; 01-29-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.