Another OME lift? yes, with photos. - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Suspension / Steering Tech All suspension and steering related topics belong in this subforum.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Another OME lift? yes, with photos.

Got the 255/80/17s put on last week so this weekend I (with the generous help of a couple of good friends, including Warnjcruiser) installed the 3" OME lift.

We also did the BCM, installed new JBA muffler and diff drop. Got some solid work done. Take note, we were fueled by beer and pizza.

Before:

After:

Test Drive:

And Warnjcruiser couldn't resist, so he also drove his into the ditch:

Overall, another good day on this rock. Thanks to all members for countless posts with great advice and excellent write ups. Knowledge sharing rocks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Another OME lift? yes, with photos.

Looks great!!

-Nick

#3 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

That is the same tire I am putting on my rig, just no lift. Looks great and thanks for sharing
#4 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Looks nice!

'07 Voodoo Blue/6MT/Roof Rack/Towing Package/ALL-PRO-Front Bumper w/Prerunner Light Bar, Rock Guards, Full Skid Plates, High Clearance Exhaust, Ultimate Lower Skids/Metal Tech Rear Bumper/ICON Ext. Travel Remote Reservoir Front-Rear PiggyBack Reservoir Shocks-Shin Guards/aFe Pro-Guard 7 CAI/Doug Thorley Headers/Garvin Trail Rack/KC Daylighters/BFG AT/KO's 315x70x17 Tires/17 inch Steel Wheels/Magnaflow Exhaust/Man-A-Fre Extended Brake Lines/M-Pac Rear Mount/Power Tank/Manik Taillight Guards & Roof Rack Light Bar/Light Racing Adjustable UCA/Safari Snorkel/SCUBA Mods/Toy Outfitters Rear Upper Control Arms, Rim Stiffeners/URD Short Shifter/Timbren Bumpstops/Baja Rack, + a butt load more mods..
#5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
WG_moots previously said: View Post
Got the 255/80/17s put on last week so this weekend I (with the generous help of a couple of good friends, including Warnjcruiser) installed the 3" OME lift.

We also did the BCM, installed new JBA muffler and diff drop. Got some solid work done. Take note, we were fueled by beer and pizza.

Overall, another good day on this rock. Thanks to all members for countless posts with great advice and excellent write ups. Knowledge sharing rocks!!

WG, your FJ is looking good I'm actually looking at doing the same setup as you with the DO single hoop bumper and the pizza cutter KM2's. Couple of questions for you... When you had the DO bumper on your stock suspension, how much did it sag? Also, did you notice much performance/mpg loss from the 255 KM2's?
I'm looking at doing the DO bumper first and then tires/lift later. I just didn't want to drive around with the front sagging for a while before I got the lift put on.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 AM

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
MSDeltaDucks previously said: View Post
WG, your FJ is looking good I'm actually looking at doing the same setup as you with the DO single hoop bumper and the pizza cutter KM2's. Couple of questions for you... When you had the DO bumper on your stock suspension, how much did it sag? Also, did you notice much performance/mpg loss from the 255 KM2's?
I'm looking at doing the DO bumper first and then tires/lift later. I just didn't want to drive around with the front sagging for a while before I got the lift put on.
Thanks Delta!

I think the DO bumper is one of the lighter after-market options and as such I did not notice much, if any, sag on my stock suspension. I installed the bumper almost 2 months before the new suspension and did not notice any difference in handling with the DO bumper up front. Note, I do not have a winch up there.

As for the KM2s, I have gone through 2 gas tanks now and have gotten 16.2mpg / 16.3mpg including the 4.4% correction for the difference in wheel diameter. Previously, I was getting 16.5-16.7mpg average. I have the 6 speed MT and all time 4-wheel drive.

As for performance, in normal highway/city driving I have not noticed any difference in performance. I don’t find myself changing my shift patterns at all. Overall, I am very happy with this set up.

My DO rear bumper and 3 stage sliders came in late last week but I was out of town and too busy this weekend to install them … look for pics with the new goods soon.
#7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
MSDeltaDucks previously said: View Post
Been running around with an All Pro bumper and winch no lift, sags about 1.5 inch on stock suspension. Tires will be next week lift in about a month. The rig is driveable for sure buy can't wait to get the support under it with OME 885's and 1" spaced. Pictures on this thread sold me on the 255/80/17 BFG's! Awesome build!

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Kokopelli Moderator

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

The AFTER shots look SOOOOOO much better than the BEFORE shots! Congratulations!

2008 Black Diamond
Toytec|Ricochet|TRD|Quickfist|Camburg|Light Racing|Hella|Ellis|MetalTech|BajaRack|Nitto TerraGrappler|DISCOUNT TIRE
TLCA Member #18690
Made in Japan, but BUILT in the U.S.A.
#9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 07:37 AM

I really like your results, how's the ride. I'm in the fence between adjustable coil overs and the OME lift. Which springs did you go with on the OME lift, 885 or 886 and what about the rear? I'm also considering the diff drop to extend the life of the CV joints, but dropping something after a lift sounds counter productive to me.

#10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Yogi Bear Pair up in Threes

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)

Quote:
TheMrChadington previously said: View Post
I really like your results, how's the ride. I'm in the fence between adjustable coil overs and the OME lift. Which springs did you go with on the OME lift, 885 or 886 and what about the rear? I'm also considering the diff drop to extend the life of the CV joints, but dropping something after a lift sounds counter productive to me.

the diff drop has been an ongoing discussion, some say yay, and some say nay...

Differential drop kit needed or not?

OP> rig looks great!

*Pale Rider Performance*

Demello bumper~ PRG snork~ BW`s~ PureFJ sliders~ retrofit HID`s~ JDM Yellow Fogs~ Exp1 bottle~ Custom relay fuse box~ Cobra 75WXST w/Firestick~ mirror mounted GPS~ Pillar mounted ScangaugeII & minimag~ Caltrends Camo covers~ Rugged Ridge arm pad~ Custom rear deck~ Custom side panel rack~ Custom back door rack~ Fabtech 6"~ Crown brake lines~ MB252 17x9~ Hankook ATM 315/70/17~ AFE High Tuck~ PIAA Horns~ Philips XPS2 HL`s~ AVS visor~ ECCO 48" safety light.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Suspension / Steering Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.