Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Need advice

834 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  LaFJDude 
#1 ·
Hi there.. Newbie here.. Read a lot and still trying to see what is the best fit.

2007 FJ non off road package with 140k miles

Looking to replace all the shocks, they need it now..

I want to do a 2" lift and put 285 AT tires on it.

What do I need to put on front and rear .. I don't go offloading and if I do its very mild. Mostly highway with the kids.. But I do load up a lot of gear for Drill weekends, skydiving or setting up the range...

What do you think would be best to do.. Not super cheap I'm more of the low to mid price range on the shocks/lift option...

I appreciate your help..

Loki

#2 ·
You could go with the Bilstein 5100 adjustable and load the front to your liking are maybe OME Mediums with about 2" of lift and these are as rugged as they get. Then you can install a 285/70/17 A/T tires to lift the axle another inch including that much more overall lift. Trust me that's all you will really ever need. And it will make all the difference in capability.

#5 ·
X2 .....This is the same exact set up I have down to the tire size. Toyos A/T with a BMC. I love the set up. My off road is about 25% and my FJ is my daily driver as well. Between the tire size and suspension, just realize that your gas mileage will suffer slightly. I lost 1.5 mpg with this set up but wouldnt trade. It looks great and will handle just about anything (except rock crawling and crazy stuff) you will throw at it. My 5100's are on the 3rd notch and still have a very slight rake at 1/4"... Solid and doesnt throw off the front end metrics.....You will need to get your front end alligned too.

#6 ·
Thanks for all the help.. Does anyone have a link to the OME set up ones? I like the blister 5100 set up myself. But for the OME "mediums" where do I find these?

I appreciate all your help and the thanks. Serving was something I always wanted to do and I have been doing it for 15 years.. Soon to be going to OCS and serve until they kick me out..

Much appreciated buddies..

JP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.