Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Daystar spacer lift kit

9K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Vuxor 
#1 ·
I recently purchased daystar spacer lift kit (KT09124BK)
to hopefully improve ride quality.
but when i was shopping for the kit, couple of the reviews said i need to get Front Diff drop kit.
is that necessary? it says it will drop about an inch.

#2 ·
No need for the diff drop.

A Daystar kit will do nothing to improve ride quality
Not sure the Daystar kit will work well on a TTUE. I think they come more leveled than a regular FJ and the spacer lift may leave you front high.

#4 ·
I'm getting that kit installed today. Read the reviews on the kit and diff drop. Don't see that the diff drop is necessary. I'll mention it at the shop and see what they think. I wanted the kit to level the stance and get a bit more height so when I do replace the tires I can go bigger. Will let you know if I notice a change in the ride.

#6 ·
You have a TTUE. The TTUE has different TRD springs on Bilsteins. I think those TRD springs may be a little higher up front right from Toyota. I was saying if you install the Daystar kit you may end up with the front higher than the rear. No way to know for sure though. I am not sure by how much a TTUE is higher in the front than any other 2014 FJ with the 'normal' springs.

Just something to keep in mind. I guess if you look at your truck and it is indeed a whole inch lower in the front right now then it may be perfectly fine.

#8 ·
I am pretty sure it will work out just fine. It will provide more lift than the kit says though due to your already leveled stance on the TTUE. I would bet 3.5 inches. You may need to do a 3" spring in the rear instead of the daystar spacer but it may be a little higher in the front Like iwashmycar says.

Because of the increase in the front overall with the TTUE i would def consider the diff drop.

#13 ·
I dont see how adding the spacers could stiffen the ride, except maybe the fact that it messes with the sway bar geometry....I mean the springs and everything are in the exact same compression and everything.

#18 ·
Wtf man...
U know, my main reason that i chose daystar spacer lift is not the price.
I just did NOT want to change TTUE TRD stuff suspension it came with..

Reactions: Vuxor