Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Lift versus Stock comparison

15K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  Brice Cooper 
#1 · (Edited)
We all love pictures! Here is my 3" BOSS lift compared to a stocker. Just in case anyone was wondering. My tires are 275/70 R17s.

See less See more
#2 ·
Lift envy! Other priorities in life right now, but as soon as it's paid off I'll start modding. Lift, wheels, and lights are my day-dreams.

Reactions: Loganbeere
#6 ·
Yes, I agree that a little lift makes a big difference visually. The ride is so much better on and offroad. Before it felt spongy and pillowy, now it is tight and controlled but not too stiff. I bought the Budbuilt diff skid last summer off his website. Does he not offer them any more?

#10 ·
How's this Matthew? If not send me your email address and I will email it to you.

Reactions: Docshipley
#21 ·
Looks whoop ass. What a difference a few inches makes... :rofl:

#27 · (Edited)
No they are at about 2.5". Now that you mention it, it has settled a little since I installed it in June. There is still plenty of travel left in the shock adjustment to raise it, which would probably bring it up to the full 3".

I've got the light racing UCAs and no BMC.

#34 ·
I'm leveling mine tomorrow with the 5100s but not sure if I should go to 2nd or 3rd setting. Also installing the Toytec spacer for the front left to correct the lean. Will post before and afters. Unfortunately I recently put new BFG KO2s in the 265/75/16 size...regrettin not moving up to 275s now. Didn't know at the time I'd be leveling out so soon.

#35 ·
Got the 5100s installed today. Ended up going with the 3rd setting. I went back and froth between 2nd and 3rd but in the end, I wanted it to be level and to be an obvious change. I love the look but now I'm planning to replace rears with a firmer 5100 or OME. Here are some before and afters.

Attachments

Reactions: Codger and kelz350
#42 ·
Yeah, I can see myself following down the same path. Although I'm looking to possibly make a huge career change so need to keep my mods in check...if that's possible. :D By the way, your rig looks whoop ass.

:cheers:

Reactions: Loganbeere
#44 ·
Hey I have a question I am looking at getting a proComp 3in Lift and I was wondering do I need Front and rear UCA
Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
Rear UCAs - I am not sure, I didn't and my springs were 2.5"
Front UCAs - Need? Well, many people install 3" coilovers and get by without changing the UCAs. (that is a subject for debate and you should really look into both sides of the arguement)

I opted to install Light Racings UCAs because it gives a lot of room for adjustment during front end alignments and there are adjustable cams to compensate for larger tires to set them forward or backward. I think if you leave on the stock UCAs there is not much adjustment room for caster and camber they are maxed out, if you need to make changes. Also the tires may wear funny if they cannot be adjusted within tolerance. I don't claim to be the authority on the subject, but I figured while I was installing the lift for the extra money I also installed the UCAs to save myself the trouble of doing it later down the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.