Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Total Chaos UCA and Camburg UCA Uniball Material

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  OnMyLevel_619 
#1 ·
I've been searching all over for this info but can't seem to find an answer.

I know that TC's UCA Uniballs are made from heat treated Stainless Steel. I can't find anywhere online that states what Camburgs UCA's are made of. I'm planning on moving to Hawaii later this year and have been doing all of my mods methodically to prevent rust (I.e. Aluminum Demello Bumper, Marine Grade wiring, stainless hardware, etc.), so the stainless steel Uniball is VERY important to me.

If the Camburg isn't stainless, anyone know where I can find a replacement that is?

What's the opinions here on the 1" vs 1.25" Uniball? I read somewhere that the larger Uniball gives one extra inch of droop. I'm adding Fox 2.5" resi shocks (w/DSC adjuster).

#2 ·
F.K. Rod Ends

F.K. Rod Ends

Pretty sure Camburg orders special bearings with Teflon liner....
Two bearings that are non teflon from Summit racing are only $70 give or take so pretty much a non issue if you have to have 1.5's. If you get non sealed your going to have to perform very regular maintenance in the form of wash and apply triflow or they'll squeek like crazy which will keep you honest with the maintenance part and keeping them semi protected from corrosion. If you're super paranoid about corrosion I'd be way more concerned about the FJ's frame rotting from the inside out than the UCA bearings.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. You mentioned non sealed. Is there an option to get either of these sealed so that I'm not cleaning/lubing the u joints regularly, or worse, replacing the joints frequently?

Btw-Noticed your Dolphins in your pic. Former Navy myself.

#4 ·
This looks interesting.... I'm not sure the covers wouldnt just seal the crap in...
There are no sealed options for the 1.25 ball joints that I've seen.... mine have worn well fwiw. I really don't see that it will be an issue for you compared to the bigger picture.... your going to be in the middle of a huge salt bath, there's no escaping the environment.... maybe install some sacrificial anodes to the FJ! Lol

https://camburg.com/shop/suspension...wd-07-14-performance-balljoint-upper-arm-kit/

#6 ·
#7 ·
I've seen several posts where the "caps" used to keep out dirt actually trap it inside.

FK's WSSX16T is the part # for TC's stainless.
FK's COMH-20T is the part # for Camburg and NOT stainless. (download FK's catalog)
Both about $45 each.

https://wheelersoffroad.com/product/camburg-477817/1-25-fk-uni-ball-set-for-camburg-uca/

FK COMH-16T is the part # for Icon. Also not stainless.
$35 each

IMO TC Uniballs are the best.

I've been thinking about making a comparison thread for UCA's too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.