Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Help me identify the lift on this FJ

6K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Blackhammer 
#1 · (Edited)
I went and helped my buddy pick out a car for his daughter. We singled in on the FJ because we've had nothing but good luck with Toyota. We ended up getting a very clean 2007 4wd sun fusion. It has a lift and I'd like to figure out exactly which one. Parking next to a stock FJ this thing is a good 4" taller at the rockers. I'm no expert in suspensions but thought it was just a basic radflow adjustable where all you have different is springs and shocks. I don't know how you could get 4" lift out of just shocks so may there is something more going on. I went to install some led footwell lighting that is tied to dome light and on a panel switch (thank you forum for threads on how to do that) and I saw the controller in the last picture. I assume that controller is for an alarm. Am I correct? It has "sensitivity adjustment" embossed on it with a dial from 1 to 7. Can you help me determine what this machine has so it can be properly used and maintained? It's rolling on 265/70 r17 tires.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum!
My first though was that it looks like an alarm.
Because I have a blackbelt in google-fu, I Googled "00012-0C055 shock sensor" and have come to the conclusion that it is the shock sensor for a Toyota OEM alarm, which is shared across many models (Including Tacoma, T4R, & Camry).
I didn't google "00012-KU100 Main Module"...

#13 · (Edited)
Highly recommend the Rad Rubber engine splash guards. Super heavy duty.

Edited: There's a definite rake with your front being lower. I think the body of FJs are deceiving at some angles - get those measurements and I bet you'll end up cranking the fronts up to level it more so it looks best. That last sentence was my opinion of course.

#15 ·
24" in the front

The easier way to measure for me is from ground to the main frame. Just act of the front wheels that is 16" and just for me of the rear arms it is 16.5"

I think the rake might have been a bit deceiving in the previous picture because the truck was pointed downhill on a decent grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
I agree that the lift only "looks" too tall. Seems the previous owner might have put the stock wheels back on (265/70/17's) so that makes it look over-lifted. IMO, still great. Just not used to 3" lifts on stock tires.

Good suspension. Leveling it up a little will help.

Also if you have this button on your dash, its to turn off the internal shock sensor of said alarm. Also verifys that you in fact have an OEM alarm

Reactions: Thorn661
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.