Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

3" lift with stock wheels and tires

55K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  ralfj 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of their FJ during the install of a 3 inch lift with just the stock wheels and tires. I am doing the suspension first but then am waiting to run the tires down before actually getting the wheel and tire combo so I want to see how it looks and also hear how it functions for anyone that has done this. thanks

#2 ·
I ran this set up for about 6 months, in fact I ran Hell's Revenge and Fins & Things in Moab with a 3" lift and stock tires and rims. The stock tires actually performed really well on the slickrock. I have pictures, but I am at work, so I'll see if I can't dig some up when I get home. It looks better than stock with just the lift, but when you add some 285/70/17's it completes the look.

#14 ·
I have to agree that they all look sweet!! I can't justify spending $XXXX on a set of 285's when i do 98% highway driving... But a 3" lift makes the rig look soooooo much better.

#16 ·
I think a 3" lift with stock size and brand tires looks a bit silly - not horrible, just looks like the tires are unusually small (like someone else said). With that being said, if money was an issue, I would def. rock those tires for awhile until I had enough to purchase new ones.

Personally, I hated the stock tires so much, two weeks after I bought it, I got 285/75/17 BFG A/T's and sold the others. Admittingly, it took awhile and they only sold for $200...I'm more than happy with my new, bigger tires:)

I also plan on doing ICON Stage 1 (in Sept).

John

#19 ·
Here's a photo of mine with the stock BFG 265's from the Offroad Pkg and a Toytec 3" lift. In the photo are two more lifted with 285's. You can see my tires look "little" in this picture, but I still have good tread on my tires! We are on top of Imogene Pass at the FJ Summit. One day, I followed a stock FJ with those crappy Dunlops on it and it went everywhere!

My opinion is free, and worth every penny you paid for it. :cheers:

#21 ·
Yes. No pics with stock alloys, but

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

Running a 285/75/17 BFG AT, and it'll rub at full lock.

Unsolicited advice, research lifts here.

#27 ·
Here are a couple of mine.

\

Hope they help!

#28 ·
^^ Ha. Knew you'd be along, shortly.

May note that cmw7373's running Spidertraxx spacers.

#35 ·
In case cmw7373 doesn't see, you won't experience rubbing with the OEM wheels/tires **without** the spacers. I don't think he is with, either.

#34 ·
actually they are BFG 305/70R16's....i'm just running a spacer lift until i can save up for adjustable coil-overs and springs....needed tires but couldn't afford both lift and tires so did the cheapie lift for now ($169) and sprung for the tires....

#38 ·
[/URL][/IMG]

Bilstien 5100 adjustable shocks all around. 4th notch(2.5 inches) in front and a daystar 1.5 spacer in the rear.

#39 ·
How is the ride quality on this setup and where do you get the front bilsteins? Seems like everybody is out of stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.